Sign in to follow this  
Gcourtney

Who feeds broccoli to their Goldie's

So I was wondering who feeds their Goldie's broccoli, I just started feeding it to Cali and she loves it.:)

Edited by Gcourtney

I have fed it to my guys in tiny amounts, they do really like it but I have to be careful because it causes my oranda to float a little! :)

Exactly! Broccoli can make goldfish floaty, unfortunately.

I have! They nom it down like crazy. I've been giving mine little bits of cantaloupe, watermelon, and crushed strawberries lately, though. They REALLY love those.

Guest Jessie

I am trying to, but yes, it gets them floaty. Im only giving them little bite sizes.

My goldfish like An rare treat, like a grape, minced very carefully and small, peas, deskinned blueberry, as a rare treat, also minced carefully and small, and baby spinach.

Deshelled peas, BTW. :)

my goldies favorite is green beans i just cut them in small pieces.

I give my Goldie small amounts of it. I' m going to give other veggies to my Goldie also. So far she hasn't been floaty

I did it once and it made some of my fish terribly gassy/floaty. I stay away from it now (in terms of fish food).

I did it once and it made some of my fish terribly gassy/floaty. I stay away from it now (in terms of fish food).

Me too... :tomuch: not only my fish but me :rofl3

I was feeding this to mine in the early stages but not any more as I was advised it may cause floaty issues ;)

Mine seem pretty lucky when it comes to floats; broccoli doesn't bother them at all, and they LOVE it.

I feed it occaisionally - they really enjoy it, but then my big commons can handle a little gas :P

my goldies favorite is green beans i just cut them in small pieces.

I have often wondered about things like beans .. I want to feed them, but get really confused about how to do it lol! Because we shell the peas .. do you remove the beans from the pod, and then shell them too?

I used to cook for my fish. Mostly pan cakes and gelatin based foods. But I was reading about a seaweed based product called agar (sp?) that can be used in place of the gelatin.

Last week I tried shrimp and pea pancakes but the fish did not like them. Maybe they are just used to the pellets.

I try not to feed dry food to indoor fish. For some reason it is fine in the outdoor pond but not so much with the aquariums. I am sure it can happen but I have yet to see a pond fish start floating. Maybe the birds pick them off before I see them but I do not think so.

I used to cook for my fish. Mostly pan cakes and gelatin based foods. But I was reading about a seaweed based product called agar (sp?) that can be used in place of the gelatin.

Last week I tried shrimp and pea pancakes but the fish did not like them. Maybe they are just used to the pellets.

I try not to feed dry food to indoor fish. For some reason it is fine in the outdoor pond but not so much with the aquariums. I am sure it can happen but I have yet to see a pond fish start floating. Maybe the birds pick them off before I see them but I do not think so.

HTH, why don't you try the Repashy soilent green mix for your indoor fish? It's a great product, and does away with the need to make your own gel food. I used to make agar agar based gel food to feed my fish, but have now switched entirely over to Repashy, both because of its great ingredients but also the ease of making it.

As for pond fish, they can deal with pellets much more easily because they eat/nibble algae all day, which really helps to prevent floaty issues.