UHHHHHHH ac 110 help

yaapp

Make sure there isn't anything blocking the impeller from turning. Sounds like there's something there, which shouldn't be, and that's why it's grinding. Then, check your tank for the crew from "Finding Nemo"... Just a guess.

Good luck with that filter---it'd suck if you had to start all over. :( Is that the only filter on the tank?

My filter was doing the noise making. I pulled it apart and found a tiny amount string from my silk plands rapped aroung the metal shaft above the propeller. I removed that and now it works great with no noise. I could barly see the tiny amount of string and the filter never stopped working. So look really close next time you clean it.

My filter was doing the noise making. I pulled it apart and found a tiny amount string from my silk plands rapped aroung the metal shaft above the propeller. I removed that and now it works great with no noise. I could barly see the tiny amount of string and the filter never stopped working. So look really close next time you clean it.

This is what happened to me, except that it was a hair.

This is what happened to me, except that it was a hair.

This happens to my filters occasionally that a long hair somehow got into the tank and into the filter, and then wrapped around the piece of metal above the impeller. Luckily that is an easy fix with nail clippers, even if the hair is wrapped very tightly.