Sign in to follow this  
BriansMom

Does Brian seem off? Or am I getting paranoid!?

My bf and I were driving around and I mentioned we need to figure something out with our tanks like a transfer system between the two to handle the PH and what not because that is clearly what is doing this to brian and he said "are you sure its not that big blister thing by his tail" HUH!?!? I was panicking feeling guilty that I didnt notice so I rushed home to check and it was just what I mentioned earlier.... that natural bump on his side but like I said before, it is enlarged. Obviously enough for my bf to notice.

Is that anything to be concerned about?

When I picked him up to look, he was sucking on my fingers :wub: So I fed him... I feel better that he has a will to eat at least. He is still in the 2 gallons with an airstone... I hope that is ok. I filled up a bin maybe 4 hours ago and just waiting for that to age

Can we see the blister, please?

I'm glad he is still hanging in there. :)

Oh sorry, I should have clarified!

It never turned out to be a blister, thats what he thought it was. But it was the little bulge on the side of them but the bulge is larger than normal. Does that make sense?

Lol. Yes, I think. Anyway, upload a pic two if you can please. :)

Sure! I am at my parents right now checking in on the other animals. I will when I get there BUT I cannot find my camera and my phone hates taking pics of him. I tried taking a picture of the lump the other day and it didnt really work but I will try again or hunt for that dang camera

Here is my attempted pic of it the other day but its not at an angle where you can see the difference. But at least you know what I am at least talking about. aha

IMAG02792_zpsf29c8fb0.jpg

Here is the best pics I could get, the coloring is awful with my phone. The bump may have gotten better or it just looks ok from that angle. Looks better than my last post. Fins are red streaked but I dont think as bad as the pics show.

b2_zps3aa41686.jpg

b1_zpsd22cc069.jpg

Tested the water in the bin, its been almost 12 hours and still very bright purple when i test it

Edited by Thea

Is he still being fed Metro-Meds? How does that bump feel? Is it soft?

OK. Thanks. Has it grown a lot this past week?

How is he doing?

Mmm no I dont think so. He has always had that but I am pretty sure all of mine do. It has just been more obvious lately

Its hard to tell because he is in a bucket. But laying around and if I bump him he will awkwardly swim around. He seems like he tries to nudge into areas to just relax and lay down... maybe cant control his swimming too? Idk, he has been really hard to read....

I agree. Let's just continue what you've been doing a for a couple more days. Is he more active?

Ehh he is but I dont think its because he wants to. Its hard for him to hide in areas I think... The bubble stone seems to be strong? I am heading home soon and will give an update :)

He did seem quite stressed when I was taking pics of him. Over all, he looks good. Though Greg was bacterial related, he doesnt look like Greg did before he passed, idk if that helps or not

Well its been about 16 hours and the PH has not gone down at all! Still bright purple. Is it possible that it never goes down and the results have been goofed from the seachem powder?

I did some googling and it freaked me out! I keep running into things about how chemicals used to lower pH in tanks is absolutely lethal to fish! :(

And is he ok in the distilled water? I googled that too and people keep saying it will make a fish die a slow, painful death.

I hate google! Whenever I am sick, it says I have cancer :rolleyes:

Lol. Google has told I've had tons of deadly diseases before.

Ok. This is what I would like for you to do, please. Bring a sample of the tap water and tank water to the LFS and ask them to check the pH, and the kH. I don't think the buffer will interfere with the actual pH reading, but let's find out.

He should be OK in the spring water for a bit, although 2 gallons is too small.

Its been 24 hours and it is still bright purple when I test it. What the heck am I going to do?! He still is in 2 gallons of distilled water and I have no where to put him.

Spring, I think. Just make sure there is ammonia in the water. :)

PHEW! I bought it before I saw your message. I want ammonia in it? It is super cold so I am heating it up now with a heater.

I feel kind of bad for my past QT fish, I thought I had a 10g but 2.5g spring jugs, only 2 filled it up. I have a 5 gallon tank! My medication has been off in the past. Great

My water I have been sitting out for 36 hours hasnt really changed. I tested spring and its 7.2

Lol. No, I mean check to see that it doesn't have ammonia in it. Some will lol.

Ok just making sure since I learn new things everyday, I wouldnt be surprised :P

He is in! I am glad I have him in a tank now so I can watch him ... It was so hard to figure him out just sitting in a bucket.

I feel bad for Toby :( He is in that water that Brian was in, so is he miserable too?

Edited by Thea

There was no way you could have known the city went and messed up the water like this :(

How is Brian doing?