Sign in to follow this  
BriansMom

Does Brian seem off? Or am I getting paranoid!?

Crap :(

I have MM from 6 months ago, assuming they have been exposed to air and light, should they be ok?

Is this God telling me not go get my chickens tonight?

The MMs should be OK. How do they smell?

I think you can still get the chickens and breaking up fights over the weekend :rofl

Hun if your tank is a 50 gallon, you only need a 20-25 gallon bucket. It may limit the water changes to 50%.

Also another question for you hun, I see in one photo (maybe) bubbles stuck to the underside of the fish???

Haha if worse came worse, I could set up a QT over there so I can take care of everyone. He is eating them well, I have gotten 2 in him already. And they smell as rancid as they did day 1. I am just happy his stomach is firm.

He's gotten bubbly looking after I added the prazi last night. I dont think they were there prior. My whole tank gets fizzy looking when I add it

I dont know if this means anything but I figured I'll mention anything that may contribute.... You wanted me to look at his gills a few months back and I couldnt get a good look at all, it was impossible to see and open them up to peek. But I can see them clearly now just as he is swimming

ETA: I just realized he seems blind because his wen has gotten so big he cant see in front of him. DUHHH, Sometimes I just dont think....

Edited by Thea

I noticed the gills as well. MMs are definitely in order, although this is the bandage to fix the current problem, while Koko's solution is to prevent future occurrences and other issues :)

Edit: I had no idea about the chicken. It seems fascinating, actually :)

Well I havent been home for a couple hours but he was going crazing over the metro meds. I couldnt even get him to calm down so I could give it to him. It was nice to see him so eager to eat. I was doing some thinking and when I said he has become slowish and not excited as he used to be, that was about the time when Toby became a sinker which was almost a year and half ago. So hes been different for awhile. Although not as weird as he is currently.

Can bacterial infections be caused from PH issues? I wish I had brought the ph test over here, curious if it is different. You would think it would eventually go back down, construction is slowing down and when I called the water plant he thought that could be causing it to rise.

I am heading out of town to the place that have all the fish stores that we dont have

I am not familiar with whats going on but judging by what you see, is there anything I should buy just in case

Hi Thea, the pH issues cannot directly cause the problems. What they can do is cause the fish to be stressed, which makes them much more susceptible to infections.

Edit: I just saw your last post. If you see Kanaplex or triple sulfa, get it. It's always good to have it on hand, although not necessarily for this case. I think you actually have all that you need for this.

I just came home and havent seen him for over 12 hours... no more red! woot!

He is acting a lot more normal too

I am happy to hear Brian is doing better :hug

Has he been eating his MMs?

I just noticed he spit out the last 5 I have given him, who knows if any others. I tried a regular pellet and he ate that. Those MM probably taste as bad as they smell. Dang it...

Could it be that they are too big? May be try to break them into smaller bits like his regular pellet.

Seriously! What the heck is wrong with my fish!?

Last water change was 2 days ago and I let the water age for about 8 hours PLUS added the ph stuff. He does this stupid sideways swimming.

I stopped the MM last thursday. He has been sucked to the filter twice in the past hour watching him.

Eek. He's clearly not happy :(

Try to age the water longer next time. Also, perhaps you can float him in a colander overnight. I don't want him getting caught in the intake.

No, and the sideways swimming is a general sign of a very weakened fish. The only thing we should do for him is to make sure he doesn't get dragged into the filter, and give him as much of good clean water as possible.

I don't think he can take any more treatments.

Gah! I'll keep an eye one him. I honestly cant report his behavior for the past 5ish days, I am dealing with a chicken with a bad leg infection so I havent been here much.

I am so sick of sick animals!!!! :cry

I'm so sorry. I feel for you! I hope that things will look up drastically sooner than soon!

I know this is not related, but how are the chickens? Are Rory and Anferney new? Somehow I never noticed!

About as good as my fish, cute but always sick! Haha. The fighting has slowed down between them but the one with the infected leg had to be taken to a vet a few hours away and costed a ton of money! Hoping she will get better soon. But my other one has been acting really sick today now and is acting REALLY weird. Found an egg with blood on it too, WTH!

Brian is acting even more weird today :( he is like hanging out in a plant on his side. You know that natural lump on their one side? Well his looks much larger than normal. What could that mean? I am really worried about him....

And Anferney and Rory are not new, I just never had their pictures in my sig for awhile. AND you never hear about them because they are never sick. Kind of weird isnt it? They are in a 30g together.

Oh, Thea. I'm so so sorry :(

I think Brian has put up a really good fight, but I am not sure that he will be around much longer. I wish there were something we could do to help him, but I think the only thing we can do is to keep him comfortable.