Sign in to follow this  
mavwar

my 110g gf pond

http://www.youtube.c...bed/TXSlXzkjrGs

Sad to say though the big red oranda and black moor died of some bacterial infection, I was only able to save Corkee (small red oranda).

I will post pics of my seven juvies later, they're getting bigger everyday with the gel food I learn to make from this forum.

Sorry about your lost fish. The pond is pretty. How is it constructed? Is it sealed concrete? I like the little trickle filter.

Interesting that one of your fish died in a pond. I've never lost any fish while I've had a pond, I find the pond environment to be much more natural and stable. Very similar to their natural environment.

Sorry about your lost fish. The pond is pretty. How is it constructed? Is it sealed concrete? I like the little trickle filter.

Thanks. Its waterproofed concrete.

Interesting that one of your fish died in a pond. I've never lost any fish while I've had a pond, I find the pond environment to be much more natural and stable. Very similar to their natural environment.

I transfer a 2 week quarantined ryukin in the pond. I thought he is healthy enough to be transferred.

Very cool. Sorry bout your fish. Good luck with the rest. :)

Very cool. Sorry bout your fish. Good luck with the rest. :)

I really like the stone work on your pond!

Thanks guy! The present fishes are all healthy and growing fast. :)

You have some very pretty fish there! :)

Excuse my total ignorance by does the Philippines stay warm year round? Those pearlies may have to be moved inside for the winter if not. If it's warm all year round I think they'll really thrive in a smaller pond like you have.

Excuse my total ignorance by does the Philippines stay warm year round? Those pearlies may have to be moved inside for the winter if not. If it's warm all year round I think they'll really thrive in a smaller pond like you have.

We only have sunny and rainy season. Heat will be our only problem here during summer season about 90-100 deg F. During that time my pond has full sun so i cover with tarp to shade them. :)

Are pearlscales readily available in the Philippines? I know they do better when kept in shallow ponds or tubs outdoors (weather permitting) so I'm curious!

beautiful pond and fish :) thank you for sharing :)

you some really nice fire there, also love the way the stones look lining your pond.

Are pearlscales readily available in the Philippines? I know they do better when kept in shallow ponds or tubs outdoors (weather permitting) so I'm curious!

Yes they are almost always available on most pet shop here. Mine looks happy and active in their pond. :)

beautiful pond and fish :) thank you for sharing :)

Thank you and you're welcome! :)

you some really nice fire there, also love the way the stones look lining your pond.

Thanks! :)

Some more pics update. :)

mari021913_zpsbf139e79.jpg

chomp021913_zps853b5b94.jpg

drjekyll_zps74c5927b.jpg

blackmoor021913_zps1bb0b347.jpg

Hope you'll like them. Will upload pics of my giant red oranda later.

Very nice! They certainly have grown quite a bit in less than half a year! :)

You know, I haven't seen much if any increase in the growth rate of long-bodied fish when I move them from an aquarium to a pond. But the fancies grow so much faster outside then inside that I notice the change every week.

Wow you're amazing! I can't get any of mine to grow :/ even after a year. They just get dropsy ugh. I'm switching to buying baby fish if I get anymore + a new tank