My salt water "tank"

Hidr

I may do that. I have a 5 gallon that is empty I can do this with. But it well have to wait till I get moved. And I will have to read a lot more on how I would have to take care of them. Would a need a filter? Skimmer? Sand? ect.....Would be cool to have babies.

And I not so sure they would be any better off in my care then in the glob.

Edited by Hidr

I may do that. I have a 5 gallon that is empty I can do this with. But it well have to wait till I get moved. And I will have to read a lot more on how I would have to take care of them. Would a need a filter? Skimmer? Sand? ect.....Would be cool to have babies.

And I not so sure they would be any better off in my care then in the glob.

From what I read they only need a bubble filter. Sand bottom, and just yearly water changes.

So far I have found that my 1 gallon tank I have would work. Just need to add more brackish water a little at a time then just replace evaporated water and do the once a year water change. Still need to find out what to feed them.

http://www.stonecraftsite.com/micro_aquarium.html

So might try to get them out in the next could weeks.

so I just want to get this right,

They are not actually "salt water shrimp" and will do fine with bubble filter, sand and YEARLY water changes ? What about food ?

They are technically marine shrimp. They survive in brackish water pools in hawaii that are formed by volcanic activity.

So far I have found that my 1 gallon tank I have would work. Just need to add more brackish water a little at a time then just replace evaporated water and do the once a year water change. Still need to find out what to feed them.

http://www.stonecraf...o_aquarium.html

So might try to get them out in the next could weeks.

I see keepers using spirulina and just normal shrimp feeds, and cultivating algae and such like the globe claims to do.

Brackish water shrimp. After reading some more going to use my 2.5 gallon tank and a bubble stone. Need to get the salt and the cheapest I see is 15 bucks but it well last forever. And I well get some play sand. They can eat algae wafers a couple times a week. Just crush them up really fine and remove the leftover next day. I also have a heater I can use. And I am going to look for some lava rocks for them to hide in.

This well be a fun project for after I move.

Brackish water shrimp. After reading some more going to use my 2.5 gallon tank and a bubble stone. Need to get the salt and the cheapest I see is 15 bucks but it well last forever. And I well get some play sand. They can eat algae wafers a couple times a week. Just crush them up really fine and remove the leftover next day. I also have a heater I can use. And I am going to look for some lava rocks for them to hide in.

This well be a fun project for after I move.

That does sound like a lot of fun!! You need to show us step by step how you are doing this :D

I have no clue what I am doing so a step by step might be a bad idea cause don't want anyone using my method when I might just kill them all. And I am kind of worried about hurting my friends feelings. I did ask for this glob and to tear it apart when she well be living right next door might make her feel bad. So now I am kind of torn.

I have no clue what I am doing so a step by step might be a bad idea cause don't want anyone using my method when I might just kill them all. And I am kind of worried about hurting my friends feelings. I did ask for this glob and to tear it apart when she well be living right next door might make her feel bad. So now I am kind of torn.

Hm. I can see your predicament.

I think in the end I choose the little shrimps lives. xD

I imagine if you put some of the water with some new water back in,and the substrate, you would still have little organisms in there swimming around and being of interest?

I love these! I want the droplet one (; On etsy there are marimo moss ball ones that look similar to this. Don't know how they fare though.

You might want to read the most recent posts here. xD

Yep going to move them out. Just like I said after the move. And hope i have much better luck then I do with fresh water shrimp.

Edited by Hidr

I love these! I want the droplet one (; On etsy there are marimo moss ball ones that look similar to this. Don't know how they fare though.

You might want to read the most recent posts here. xD

I just did! I will probably just get the moss ball ones. Those don't have any shrimp but are super cool anyways!

Nuts. I was thinking that would be perfect for my kids' bedrooms but I'm glad to have the whole story. I will be interested in seeing what you end up with in the end Hidr!

I think they would be perfect with an open top. Things just NEED fresh, open air for gas exchange. But wouldn't one with a nice, even slanted open top and a tiny bubbler be pretty?