Sign in to follow this  
shellbell4ever

Betta Update ;)

So I thought I would get a few good shots of my Betta Babies last night

Quinn's tumor is still present and weighing him down quite a bit well see how it goes in the next couple of weeks before we leave for Florida and sadly my Miss Penny has becoming a brat with bloat lately seems every time I turn around she's bloated again and bottom sitting :( then I fast and feed pea's she's good then bam again with the bloat :(

I plan on having my sister watch them while I am away but she doesn't have the best track record with Betta's too begin with, but is my only option ;) As she will also be keeping an eye on my goldfish as well ;) them I am less worried about though, she only has to come on Sunday and do a 50% w/c and light feed while I'm away ;)

Quinn

title855436287.png

title429196693.png

Penny

title678113485.png

title429003101.png

Thanks for looking :)

Oh I didn't know Quinn had a tumor! Poor guy!

I had that problem with my female for a while too! She would get bloated and constipated constantly. She would finally poop and there would be a ton of it!! I turned up the heater in her tank and it seemed to help. I also feed her gel food with tons of greens in it and it seems to help a lot. Just make sure to watch for pineconing because that happened with my last female. I thought it was just bloat as usual but it turned out it was pineconing it was just hard to see so I hadn't noticed :( She ended up passing away from it because she stopped eating the med food.. I just wanted to warn you tho, not trying to scare you!!!!!

They are both so pretty Shell :)

Jessie they live in tanks. Most people on here keep our betta s in tanks with cycled filters because it is much better for them

Guest Jessie

No, i know you need to put bettas in tanks, i meant for herr bettas. They're tanks look like those betta begginer bowls. I was just curuious, because i like ideas on betta tanks and such. :)

Thanks ladies :)

Jessie - My Betta's are both in 1.5 gallon Betta Cubes with Heaters and cycled filters :) Thanks :)

They get feed a varied diet including NLS pellets, blood worms, and brine shrimp, as well as peas weekly ;)

But the heaters are pre set to 78F sadly :( so I can not raise the temp :(

That is how mine was too Shelly so I had to buy a new one that was adjustable. It is ridiculous how hard it is to find a small adjustable heater!!!