Sign in to follow this  
ncris25

Unknown disease in my 3year black moor goldfish,please help

I made a nitrite test yesterday night,and it was 0.2mg/liter ,despite the fact that I changed 50% of water one day before.So,my nitrites are raising,I guess I'm in the period when they raise(I'm in the 17 day of cycle),because until yesterday they were between 0.05 and 0.1mg/liter every day.Today I changed the water,I'm going to test it again in about 2 hours.

The nitrates were 5-10mg/liter,like my last water readings.

I will make a new video today and post it.

Edited by ncris25

Thank You :) I am discussing with a mod with the mod if those medications are good ;) Also I really think if possible to do 100% water changes daily right now since he is so sick. We want him to have the cleanest water right now and it won't really stall your cycle that much ;) Also could you maybe pick up Prime water conditionar this will nulify ammonia and nitrites for up to 24 hours. This will make it like he is living in perfect water in a way. :D I love this water conditionar and actually almost all the members here use it and swear by it ;)

I think you could try aniprantel. However, one concern I have is that it lacks metronidazole, which is very important to kill off certain other types of parasites and anaerobic pathogens.

Do you think you can ask a vet or a doctor to give you one or two tablets?

Also, what are the concentrations of each of the active ingredients in the aniprantel tablets? I know you listed them before, but I want to be sure.

I can buy separately metronidazole,it's available here.I found this med aniprantel on the internet here in my country,I 'm not sure I will find it to buy still.

600mg of aniprantel pill contains 200 mg fenbendazol,50 mg praziquantel and 144 mg pyrantel pamoate.

One pill is enough for a 10 kg dog.

If I use only the metronidazole isn't enough ?

Edited by ncris25

We can try metronidazole only first, if you would like to try. Only 1-2 tablets is needed, and you know how to make gel food, right?

Also I could use Drontal Cat,which contains 230 mg Pyrantel and 20 mg Praziquantel .It will be easier to find.One pill is for a 4 kg cat.What do you think?

Yes I made for the first time a couple of days ago,your gel food recipe for floaters.Should I do the same recipe and add metronidazole?If I use only a half of all ingredients from your recipe how much metro should I add?

Edited by ncris25

Can you get a couple of drontal cat tablets as well? I think that should be good enough.

Anyway, the med in the food is w/w, with metronidazole being 1% of the food mix and Prazi being 0.5%.

I normally just weigh out 20-25 grams of food, add the appropriate amount of meds to it, let it gel, and use :)

So the metro should be 1% from the food and the Drontal(with prazi) 0.5%?

So if I have 25 grams of food,I will put in it 0.25 grams (250mg)of Metro and 0.125(125mg) grams of Drontal?

Edited by ncris25

Yes, on the metro. On the drontal, work based on actual amount of Prazi. In the example we are using, make sure that you are adding 125 mg of praziquantel. :)

So if one tablet of drontal contains 20 mg prazi...should I put 6 tablets????Isn't too much as one tablet is for a normal 4kg cat?

Well, the 4kg cat eats the entire tablet in one day, where as 25 grams of this medicated food is going to be enough to feed your fish for 50 days or more :rofl

Once the food is made the fish should get 1% of his body weight in food daily.

I will ask the vet if he knows about another med which contains more prazi and less pyrantel ,so I can go to 125 mg prazi in the food.

Thanks Alex

These meds don't affect my tank cycle right?I'm not starting over again :D

Edited by ncris25

Droncit should only have prazi, I believe.

Neither of the meds should affect your cycle. Moreover, because it's fed to the fish and not waterborne, it will not affect the cycle bacteria :)

Okay,so,here is a video from today with Felix

All my water readings are ok,as before,except the nitrites ,which I can't make lower under 0.1.Today they were 0.2 before the water change,and after 0.1.I can't make those 100% water changes per day,unfortunately.I will wait a couple of days for the nitrites to lower by itselft.

Okay so today I will make the medicated gel food,with metronidazole and praziquantel,as Alex explained to me.

How long should I feed him with that?

Any other suggestions?

It will be 3 days on this food, 4 days on normal food. Do 4 cycles of this :)

Bine ai venit aici la koko's :) Eu cred ca pestele tau este frumos! Imi pare rau ca nu se simpte bine :( The people here at Koko's are great with fish and will really help you out!

Edited by thatfancygoldfish

Ok,thanks.Should I watch the water for parasites in this time (if he really has this problem)? :D

I bought Cestal Plus Dog,which contains 20 mg fenbendazole,50mg of praziquantel and 144 of pyrantel pamoate.Today I will make the medicated gel food,because I was busy last night :)

It's okay to put in this medicated food also probiotic?I'm thinking it helps him :)

It's okay to skip putting the food fish(pellets) in gel food in generally?I would like to skip it,as it can give him problems.

Edited by ncris25

So I already made the food,I skipped the multivitamin but I added the probiotic :) And I skipped the pellets too,I hope it's ok.

So if my fish has 60 grams,should I fed him daily 0.6 grams of this? :)

Edited by ncris25

So...Today was his first day of this medicated food...I noticed that all day he didn't pooped ,I searched through the tank but no poop.

LOL.

Let us know what happens the next several days :)

Hello again,

So...I've fed him for 3 days with the medicated gel food,he eats it , tomorow is his third day on normal food.I will do 4 cycles of this as you said ,but he looks nothing better..

He also has some black spots on his side of the belly on which he lays ,for about 2 weeks already,sometimes they are smaller,sometimes they are biger.What is this,some kind of injury because the fact that he is rubbing on the gravel from the bottom?Or maybe he is going black again(when I bought him ,he was completely black)?

Edited by ncris25

Do you have pics or a video, please?

Here is a video with him from today.I tried to catch how better I could his black spots.I think he's going black again because they really look like his normal colour of the scales,and he has some portions of black on his "tail" too.Tomorow I'm starting the second cycle of 3 days of prazi&metro gel food.

I will post another video with him in about an hour,when I will feed him with some green beans,that you can see how different he acts when I gave him food,he became suddenly more active.

Edited by ncris25

Here is the video with him eating.As you can see,he becomes suddenly active when he feels the food,and after he takes a part of it in his mouth,he stays for about 1 minute lethargic,after that he becomes active again and searches for food,and so on until he finishes the food.