Sign in to follow this  
ncris25

Unknown disease in my 3year black moor goldfish,please help

I'm giving him this food only since three days ago :) I'll try to make that gel food these days,sounds very complicated :D

Alex is really good at making Recipes that help your fish not to float. So I asked him to take a look and help you with a simple one :) okay :hug

I'm giving him this food only since three days ago :) I'll try to make that gel food these days,sounds very complicated :D

Hello, Koko sent me here to give you help/suggestions on making gel food :)

In my signature, there are two links on agar agar and gel food. If you can read that over first, and look at some of the recipes and videos in there, you can get a good idea of what's involved. Then, we can take a step back and make a very simple gel food first, as a way for you to learn and practice.

What do you think? The basic recipe will require some gelatin, pureed baby food, water, and some canned tuna, or tuna in a pouch.

Edit: See, Koko? I ran here right away :rofl

Edited by dnalex

thanks Alex :thumb:

Just wanted to stop in and welcome you to the forum :) Your fish is gorgeous! You are already getting excellent advice :) I hope he will have a speedy recovery.

I want to go shopping today,for the things I need to make the first recipe of agar.I'm not sure I will found agar here,can I buy gellatin instead?

It does matter what kind of baby food I buy?And where should I get the probiotic tablet,from the human pharmacy?And what is the "1 multivitamin" exactly? :)

The recipe from here http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/goldfish-food/share-your-gel-food-recipes-for-floaters-r251 it's a single recipe for gel food or there ar 2 recipes?Because I don't understand very well :)

Edited by ncris25

Gelatin should work fine, but from what I've read Agar is much better for floaters since it is plant based (made from plants). I would buy some kind of mixed vegetable baby food, and the probiotic and multivitamin tablets can be purchased from the human pharmacy. The multivitamin is just the same kind of daily pill that humans take to provide additional nutrients to their diet. The recipe you linked is just one recipe, not two, but I think you could get away with a simpler version at least for the first batch you make. Hopefully Alex or someone with more experience with gel food recipes can help more with this, I haven't made any home made foods yet so can't recommend much.

Sorry I couldn't help more, good luck!

Hello, there are actually 4 recipes in that link, including one made with gelatin :)

Thanks Jenny!Today is his second day as fasted.I also made a 50% water change.Tomorrow i will make the gel recipe .

He made today a very light orange coloured and again gelatinous poop.

I was wondering...I read about the camallanus worm,that makes the fish poop red,my fish pooped red several times,and also it's mentioned that the poop is gelatinous....Do you think it can be that worm considering he has this condition since one and a half month?

Cold you get a pic of the starnge poo?

Cold you get a pic of the starnge poo?

Yes

Also, is there any sort of lump around the vent of the fish?

Here is a video with him from yesterday.

You can see here also the long strange poop attached on him

I feed him today with spinach but he spited it,I tried with green beans and he enjoyed it.After a couple of hours he pooped the veggies,normally.But now he pooped weird again,long,slim,and with bubbles of air in it,I took some pictures and I will put them here in 5 minutes.He didn't pooped red for a while,so I don't have pictures with the red poop.

I don't think he has a lump ,he is only a little swollen on one side of belly,he was a little swollen there actually all the time.

Sounds good :) and the bubbles in the poop means he is a little gassy and the beans should help him with this :) is he surface gulping at all, sometimes this will cause gassy poo.

He has bubbles in the poop since he is in this condition.Sometimes only 2-3 bubbles,sometimes all the poop with bubbles.He likes the green beans a lot :) He goes to the surface of the water from time to time,taking a mouth of air for about 2 seconds and goes to the bottom again :) Also he likes staying in the water which goes out from the filters.

Edited by ncris25

So,I've used different tests for each value, no2& no3&gh&kh I've used Jbl individual tests,and for Ph I've used Dupla 4-10 Ph test.

My values are:

No2:0.05-0.1 mg/liter (I couldn't compare very well with the colour,it was somewhere between these values,more appropriate of 0.05)

No3:5-10 mg/liter

Ph:7

Kh:4-5(somewhere between)

Gh:8-9(more likely near 8)

Is it normal?It is my tank already cycled?(it's cycling since almost 12-14 days but I've added some Jbl Denitrol to hurry the process).Also I changed 40- 50% of water yesterday.

Edited by ncris25

I just finished the gel food,it's going to stay at the room temperature for 1 hour,it doesn't look gelled at all,is it normal because it's hot?

Hmmm do you have a bubbler in his tank maybe the water doesn't have enough oxygen in it and is causing him to go up to the surface for for air. I am glad he likes the green beans :D my fish LOVE it too it really makes them Poop :rofl

I have a hard time understanding those strips readings sadly so I am not sure, maybe another member knows. Yeah give the gel food some time to settle ;)

I never had an air pump in the tank.He doesn't stay at the surface much....I don't think it's a problem...and when he's going at the bottom,he burps the air :D It's definetely not gelled,after 20 minutes of room temp...Can I fix it if I add now in it more gellatin?Or can I fix it somehow?

Edited by ncris25

I think you can put it in the fridge too, do you have it spread out on a cooking sheet?

I spread it on a cake pan :D I put it in the fridge now,maybe it will become gelled soon..I hope so......

Edited by ncris25

See if that works ;) Keep us posted

Yeeey,it started to become gellatin :)

I'm waiting for some opinion about my water parameters..:)

Edited by ncris25