Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

Does anyone have a picture of flukes?

:rofl:tomuch:

She doesn't have a filter currently. Should I wait to start this with a filter so the water can at least be filtered somewhat so she doesnt just stew in her waste?

hun, i forgot to answer this one for you.. ok, whilst there is no cycled filter, yes, you will be needing to do your daily waterchanges and redosing prazi on the prazi days shown on the schedule.

when you receive your new filter for the qt tank, will you be seeding it with cycled media from the main tank? if you are fortunate to establish a cycle in the qt like this, then business as usual, you can treat without the need to be wc'ing every day and follow the schedule as advised above :) hope that makes sense.

No seeding new media, I have to make sure that the 55 is safe anyways, Lord Jabu Jabu took up residence there for a few days and so I want to keep an eye on the tank to make sure no new developments happen.

of course... then daily water changes replenishing meds is required :)

She doesn't have a filter currently. Should I wait to start this with a filter so the water can at least be filtered somewhat so she doesnt just stew in her waste?

hun, i forgot to answer this one for you.. ok, whilst there is no cycled filter, yes, you will be needing to do your daily waterchanges and redosing prazi on the prazi days shown on the schedule.

when you receive your new filter for the qt tank, will you be seeding it with cycled media from the main tank? if you are fortunate to establish a cycle in the qt like this, then business as usual, you can treat without the need to be wc'ing every day and follow the schedule as advised above :) hope that makes sense.

No seeding new media, I have to make sure that the 55 is safe anyways, Lord Jabu Jabu took up residence there for a few days and so I want to keep an eye on the tank to make sure no new developments happen.

of course... then daily water changes replenishing meds is required :)

Will do! I will let you guys know how it goes. Caligo is doing very well. She seems to favor the corner less now.

OMG fang, I needed that!!!

:rofl2 :rofl2 :rofl2 :rofl2 :rofl2

I am sorry to be off topic, but I just HAD TO

Holy crap this is the best picture EVER!!!

Now on topic... for fish with white fins, or lighter colored fins, it is completely normal to see some blood vessels in the fins... if you get big, red blotches, or the streaks look pretty pronounced, then there may be a problem. Just to see little, hair thin blood vessels in the fins is nothing to be worried about, though. Most of my fish have white fins, and you can see fine blood vessels in all of them.

As far as flashing, well, if your fish were doing it... you'd know. It's pretty obvious, & if they have a parasite, it's usually pretty frequent to happen. Keep in mind, also, that the ingredient in prime that promotes slime coat generation is slightly irritating to the skin of some fish, as well, and it isn't unusual to see a little bit of flashing immediately after adding it to your tank on those fish (Like my Mack- he flashes off and on for about 30 minutes EVERY time prime is added to the tank). From my experience, when its the prime causing the flashing, they only do it a few times, and it stops after a couple of hours, maximum... flashing from an illness (like ich coming on, or flukes) is usually very frequent to occur, and usually for a prolonged duration. i.e they don't do it 3 or 4 times over the course of 30 minutes, and then stop completely.

OMG........ I wanna vomit.....

Someone could have warned me prazipro smells like rancid milk!

:krazy: :krazy:

WHAT? I actually love Prazipro's smell! :rofl

Well apparently my cat loves the taste! Grosssss...... -_-

She now has obvious red spots on her tail. They are still transparent but they are definitely red.

Is your salt at 0.3% or 0.1%. I'm sorry. I'm on my phone, and it's heck to go back :rofl

No prob, it's at .1% with a single dose of prazi. Does this mean I should salt to .3% and double prazi? I am also going on a second day water change/ redose/ resalt because she doesn't have a filter. So instead of 5 days between water changes every two days has a water change

Let's leave at 0.1% for now, until Helen says otherwise.

Alrighty. I want to do what I can, I really love Caligo I don't want to lose her like Jabu Jabu ):

hun. can we get a video of her again? please shine some light towards her so that we can see her well.. i want to see the concern you have. is it veins? blotches or blood smears? any freying to the fins? also, check her belly, i want to know if it's soft or firm. if it's firm, she should bounce off your fingers, if it's soft, your fingers will sink into her belly.

My camera died as I started with the picture. Her belly was on the firm side, not super squishy. The fins are not frayed, or at least not any different from when I first got her. The red spots are on the tips of each tail fin, they aren't bright red but definitely new, and noticeable. They are just spots, not raised or bright, just discolored. I will get a video when my camera charges back up (:

if the fish is otherwise in good health, ie, no soft belly, no sign of current or previous pineconing and she did well in the salt dips, then i will advise to take alex's recommendation on the salt level with the double prazi dose.

So .1% and double prazi? I am uploading a video so you can see the fin (:

yes, if you're going now to 0.2% salt, double the prazi ;)

looking forward to the vid :)

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid4.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fy118%2Fsoy_mocha_latte%2FAnimals%2FDSCN1568-1.mp4">

Finally, here is the video of the lovely Caligo. Excuse the shakiness, boyfriend is artistically challenged. (:

Also, my hands are very small. She is bigger than she seems.

Edited by LovelyChaos

I don't know how visible it is, but the red on the fin is most definitely not just a color bleed of my hand.

ok, i suspect that what you're showing is a typical reaction to the meds. i am sure once the salt and the prazi routine has finished, with daily water changes continuing for that week following, these symptoms will go away :)

i love how you handled her by the way :heart

ok, i suspect that what you're showing is a typical reaction to the meds. i am sure once the salt and the prazi routine has finished, with daily water changes continuing for that week following, these symptoms will go away :)

i love how you handled her by the way :heart

Thank you! She has been held like that 3 times now, as soon as my hand cups she calms right down. She doesn't mind being handled, she just doesn't like the chasing part, or me touching her fins. But I corner her to the glass like you did! (:

I do hope it is just a reaction. I am already quite attached to her (:

But I corner her to the glass like you did! (:

:heart i am touched that i was able to teach something :D to be honest, i didn't even recognize that this was my method :rofl

I do hope it is just a reaction. I am already quite attached to her (:

be prepared that the more you up the salt, there will be more reactions to it such as you've seen. as long as she's behaving fine, that's what matters. we look for good swimming, healthy appetite and really healthy pooping. ok? if she behaves funky with any of these 3 key factors, you post back with a vid or pics and let us know.

Hehe I am way too paranoid to not post here when I notice a difference. I will keep you guys updated

And I had already caught her in the video, I didn't wan't to take her out of the water till we were rolling because she gets away really quickly. It took me almost a minute to get her haha!