Sign in to follow this  
Hzleys87

Not exactly my unicorn, but she's pretty magical.

I'll be receiving her Thursday, and I am just so excited.

42182170.jpg

70960490.png

58310120.jpg

She's been on my watch list for an entire month on ebay, and I've denied buying her because I was keeping my eye out for a yellow/white pearlscale from all my known go-to-goldfish places.

I just had to have her when I say that the vendor dropped her price $10.00. I can't promise I'll spam you guys with pictures when I get her, I really want to let her destress the first 24 hours she's home. I've been reading that pearlies are notoriously sensitive and I'm a little apprehensive.

I'll definitely have pictures within her first week though! I don't think I'll be able to fight off sharing this cuteness for long. :)

oh wow hun! she's beautiful :heart congratulations on the bargain :) i wish her an uneventful shipping and qt :)

very cute! congrats!

Thank you! I really hope I can have her in QT with no probs. I just can't wait to see her in person. :)

Oh you lucky duck! Crowned pearlies are much hardier than their tiku siblings in my experience. They tend to be longer bodied and don't have nearly as much trouble swimming due to longer finnage and body shape.

Wow what a cutie :heart Congrats!!

Ooo, cute!! Congrats and good luck!

Ohmygosh. She is lovely! wow what a pretty pearlie. I hope her T goes well!

Gorgeous crown.

She's beautiful! :)

I wouldn't be able to resist her either! :D

Congratulations, she's beautiful. :)

Aaawww! Adorable! :D Can't wait to see her at home! :fishtank:

Congratz!

Luv'ly pearlie :-)

aww what a cutie :) congrats :)

Thanks everyone! I'm especially loving her crown too. I really wanted a split bubble, and she seems to have such a nice even head growth. Thursday cannot come fast enough.

I also bought a 75 gallon tank on craigslist, so she'll be nice and comfy with my other finned crew when her QT is done.

How big is she? If you need any advice I have a nearly 3 year old crowned pearlie I rescued from death so am happy to help! xo

I have some bad news. Apparently this pearlie got sick and the vendor doesn't feel comfortable shipping. I'm receiving a full refund and everything and I do appreciate the honesty but wow, does this suck.

I went ahead and asked what illness she came down with just out of curiosity, I'll update with news if/when I recieve it. :/

Oh no :( I hope she gets better :hug and something will work out :heart

So I heard back from the vendor. Turns out she got bullied on from the other fish sharing a tank with her. Her wounds got infected with fungus, so now she's in QT recuperating. Apparently she also lost a lot of her scales.

I wonder if it was breeding behavior gone bad? It's just a shame that she lost her beautiful pearl scales.

Edited by Hzleys87

Man, that sucks. I'm sorry. Maybe she'll recover nicely and you can still get her eventually, minus a few special scales. :/

I really, really, REALLY wanted crowned pearlscales. My local independent fish store (that specializes in marine fish) was the only LFS that could get them, so the owner was ordering some for me. A few days before they came in, I visited and saw a ryukin with an advanced case of ich (not being treated), with the other goldfish, in the tank that the pearlscales were going to be put in. I can't stand to take the risk of falling in love with goldfish that have a better-than-average chance of dying awful deaths on me. So I got the three lionheads I have today at a Petsmart and have never patronized that independent fish store again. The owner doesn't deserve my business if he's not going to treat his goldfish as well as he treats his dog-faced puffers and other expensive fish. (I hope the pearlscales got good homes and didn't all die of ich. :( )

TL;DR: I love that little pearlscale you nearly got. I wanted to enjoy her vicariously through Koko's. Eh, better luck next time. :D

Edited by nothingtoreallygetfastfor

Oh, I know! She was a pretty little thing, and I feel so bad for her. I might consider purchasing her if her scale damage isn't terrible but I was especially looking forward for a pearscale with pearls.

I'm having such a difficult time finding a crowned pearlie who is within my price range, and has the features I want: symmetrically split crown, good/heavy pearls, and an elongated body that isn't a solid orange/red color.

The hunt is still on I guess.