Sign in to follow this  
bodoba

There's been some buttsniffin'

It's overcast today and the full moon is coming up soon. I got to see some chasing and some butt sniffin :rofl Maybe I should hold off on getting a betta for the 10 gal just incase there's any fry that survive. On a happy note I noticed that Fishy the pearl is a boy and likes to linger at the top of the pond and then swoop down on his unsuspecting single tailed females. Sweaters I also suspect is a male as he as been doing the same thing.

Anyone else got some frisky business going on in their households?

No, I am not sniffing anyone's butt at the moment, nor do I have plans to do so :rofl :rofl :rofl

Hehe - we have frisky business! Gus is a male and is showing breeding stars. BunJ is a female and has been throwing eggs all over the place, but I don't think any of them have been fertilized (Gus just recently joined, and has only been showing breeding stars even more recently). Maybe I'll put the spawn mop back in...

Simon is just too young we think (and is rightfully being left alone ;)) (Simon might also be a girl).

But Gus has definitely been showing an interest in BunJ - lots and lots of buttsniffin' - is it that time of year?

My ryukin and fantail both will headbutt each other's butts and swim around in a circle for a few seconds at a time. lol I don't know why they do this or what genders they might be. Any help, please?

That's common spawning behavior kiara :)

Charlie has been doing this to Kizzy since the Soilent Green... I tell ya it makes your fish Breed :yikes

That's common spawning behavior kiara :)

Thanks! I'll look around and see if I can tell their genders. I think Tanchi might be a girl, tho I think of it as a boy. Machete is skinnier, so I thought he was a boy. Only, Tanchi does most of the chasing and "butt sniffin'".

Oops ... WOW I fail miserably at this. xD It turns out that Tanchi is a male [has a raised vent and thick pectoral fins] and that Machete is a female [has a smooth, even vent with a little diamond dot]. Did I do this correctly? I spent 5 minutes examining them and they're like "Me no like it upside down". xD I love how they put up with my crap. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I got it right this time ...

I love butt-sniffin! It's cute.

:thumb:

This quote off to itself is quite strange :peeka:rofl