Sign in to follow this  
neeceee2

measuring

Please excuse the mess, they are still spawning. Today i used a ruler to try and size my fish. My little brothers girlfriend helped with working the camra for these pictures. They both look to be about 3in long.

Yand flaped water all over us. lol

AK000008-1.jpg

Yin had a small fit, looked like a seziure.

AK000010.jpg

Them recovering from thier ordeal. Poor babies. The big pile of rocks is for Yin she loves to unstack them.

th_AK000006-2.jpg

Hope yall enjot my babies, they are getting so tame.

they're beautiful! and great sizes too!

Very nice!

That's great, but I could suggest some easier ways of measuring. Holding a ruler on the outside of the tank with the fish inside -- even if the fish will cooperate :laugh: -- doesn't work because if the ruler is in front, the measurement will be low and if the ruler is in back it will be high. Clever Fang measured her fish by gently pressing them against the glass with her hand (inside the tank) and using the ruler on the outside. That's less traumatic for both fish and fishkeeper.

The easiest way is to put a 1 inch grid under a small tank (like those clear plastic "critter carriers" from the pet shop). Put the fish in just enough water to cover, and take pictures from above -- like this http://www.raingarden.us/8664e.JPG . You can then measure the fish in the picture.

Very cute fish :)

they look great :) keep up the good work :)

I tried the ruler on the outside of the tank idea in the past and after about 100 pics I got a few that were usable ;) lol

Thanks for all the comments.In the pics the fish are out of the tank, sitting bove the ruler. They were only out of the water for a couple of seconds. We tried to be really fast. I have never used a net to move them so they are easy to pick up. :flex: But do not like leaving the water. I tried the ruler on the out side and Yin will not come near it. She disliked anything moveing close to her tank, the movement of the camra will offten make her hide. Thats why she is in the back on the video. :help: I hope she gets better with age. She hides from every one other than family. Makes getting good pics hard lol.

Wow! I have always wanted a Yin and Yang pair of goldfish!