Sign in to follow this  
eddie1973

Tank From Hell

Finally got my tank set up. This was the most stressful set up ever. All started over a month ago. Bought my 55 gallon Tall on Craigslist. I paid $120 for the tank, stand, and light. When I was leaving my truck decided not to start. It was over a 100 degrees outside. After 3 hours of trying everything it finally started.

The next day went to clean it out and set it up, the light stopped working. I ordered a T5 HO from drsfostersmith.com. Took a week to get here. Was excited to get it, with the exception of the lights were broken. Gave them a call, a new light was on the way and I was told to keep the light. Week later the light arrived, only to be a regular T5 and the other one was the correct light.. Gave them another call, letting them now they got half of it right. They sent out another light.

I ordered my plants to arrive when the light arrives. The light arrived and it was the wrong one again. I was sent a Compact. I gave up and bought a light at the LFS. Gave them a call again. All they were concerned about was getting their lights back, the ones that were sent to me that were the wrong ones. I ended up getting $25 credit and they don't want the lights, which are useless to me.

I got my plants today and finally got my tank set up. Here are some picture.

tanka.png

Before adding the water

tank1.png

tank2.png

tank3.png

It's beautiful. All that work definitely paid off! :)

Ooh it looks great! I love that wood! I'll trade you :P

I find Foster and Smith to be pretty cool about things they screw up. It was their fault after all! If you don't need the bulbs, you can always sell them and make an few bucks ;)

Ooh it looks great! I love that wood! I'll trade you :P

I find Foster and Smith to be pretty cool about things they screw up. It was their fault after all! If you don't need the bulbs, you can always sell them and make an few bucks ;)

I plan to sell them. Their loss.

Thank you everyone for the comments.

i really like it! good work :)

very nice! it looks great :)

Ooo, it's pretty! Good luck!!

Looks really cool :D Love the plants!

You did a great job landscaping, it looks fabulous.

So gorgeous!! Your fishies will be very happy with their home!

Well your tank looks like it was well worth the wait ;) It looks Fabulous!!! what are you putting in it???

Well your tank looks like it was well worth the wait ;) It looks Fabulous!!! what are you putting in it???

Not 100% sure on the fish. Going to wait awhile. I want the plants root themselves into the substrate first. Don't want any floaters. Most likely tetras and a Crystal Red Shrimp.

Thats a really nice looking tank :thumb:

Great work! It looks wonderful :)

I love your tank but wow it must be hard to miantain you seem to have a lot going on here.

I love your tank but wow it must be hard to miantain you seem to have a lot going on here.

I got too many plants. I estimated wrong. Yeast Co2 wouldn't work. I tried numerous different ones. I got a pressurized hooked up yesterday.