Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

Japanese themed decorations

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone knew a good decor supply site where I can find goldfish friendly japanese/asian themed decorations. I have a tori gate and some small rocks and some lucky bamboo. I really want a banzai tree decoration but I have had no such luck finding anything \:

hun, have you tried online, ie, with ebay or other online stores available to you? when i search for anything goldfish, they're mostly available in the UK and US.. i would assume that would be an easy start for you to try :)

hun, have you tried online, ie, with ebay or other online stores available to you? when i search for anything goldfish, they're mostly available in the UK and US.. i would assume that would be an easy start for you to try :)

Yep, usually it shows me petsmart and petco stuff, I've been looking I was just wondering if someone on here found a good site for things like this (:

I know that the last time i was at petsmart thay did have banzai tree decorations. Thay had 2 different kinds.

I just saw many asian/japanese decor on Ebay this eve...............under "tank decorations"............... :D

Please be careful when choosing Ornaments... Check out in my sig about hollow ornaments :(

Please be careful when choosing Ornaments... Check out in my sig about hollow ornaments :(

Will do! Will do....

What I think would be really cool is if you could MAKE a Bonsai tree out of driftwood and Java moss or a big bunch of Anubias Nana.

Just take the root/stump part of a piece of driftwood, and plant the top of the stump in the gravel/substrate. Then you can root the Anubias to the root part of the driftwood....that would look awesome!

Plus it's waaay better than a plastic plant.

What I think would be really cool is if you could MAKE a Bonsai tree out of driftwood and Java moss or a big bunch of Anubias Nana.

Just take the root/stump part of a piece of driftwood, and plant the top of the stump in the gravel/substrate. Then you can root the Anubias to the root part of the driftwood....that would look awesome!

Plus it's waaay better than a plastic plant.

This would be amazing if done right. Just have to find the right drift wood.

You can also make your own decor, I forget where but somewhere in the forum is how to make it safe for the tank and fish.