Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

Wish me luck for a position in aquatics at petco

Hopefully my spastic answer to "You have fish experience" won't ruin my chances at an interview. I hate seeing those fish get so bad because people don't take care of them. They just lost two entire tanks of black moores, red telescopes, and orandas to either pH crash or ich. (Symptoms were cloudy eyes, missing scales, fin rot, and some white spots) I want to be one of the only people who actually know something about fish that works there....

Oh and my answer was "I know about substrates and cycles that fish need and I have a 55 with a bunch of goldfish".... I woke up pretty sick with heat exhaustion and low blood pressure.... I definitely know more than just that hah....

good luck! and i hope you can bring some positive changes to an LFS :)

good luck! and i hope you can bring some positive changes to an LFS :)

Thank you! I hope so too. And if I don't know something I can come here with questions (;

you sure can..

just be careful with how "well" you conduct yourself. many members here have given up jobs like this because of what we consider is "animal cruelty" to goldfish.

remember you are in someone's employ and you have to carry business out the way they want you too.. this unfortunately in most cases means that you have to go against the ethics we learn here in order to make money for the employer.., hun, if the LFS business was a fair place for goldfish, we'd all have jobs there because we'd all be happy to be around things we love. unfortunately, that is not the case.. so i hope you don't end up too heartbroken.

you sure can..

just be careful with how "well" you conduct yourself. many members here have given up jobs like this because of what we consider is "animal cruelty" to goldfish.

remember you are in someone's employ and you have to carry business out the way they want you too.. this unfortunately in most cases means that you have to go against the ethics we learn here in order to make money for the employer.., hun, if the LFS business was a fair place for goldfish, we'd all have jobs there because we'd all be happy to be around things we love. unfortunately, that is not the case.. so i hope you don't end up too heartbroken.

Yeah, I know thaat... I am just hoping I can at least educate people about goldies and other fish. Education is half the battle. I am pretty sure when people enjoy fish and buy them they want to make sure they are taken care of. I am hoping that they allow me to test the water so I can make sure the fish are healthy and they don't get so many refunds. I am sure that refunds look pretty bad on corporate records.

Good luck!!

Thank you!

Good luck! keep us updated :)

Good luck! keep us updated :)

Thank you! I definitely will.

good luck hun :) I hope you get the job!

Thank you so much! If i do i can give knowledgeable advice!

Good luck can you get us discounts lol j/k

Good Luck! You will be Koko´s inside person.

Good Luck!!!

Fingers crossed. :)

Wow! So many good lucks! Thank you all so much!! :krazy:

Good luck!!

Thank you all again! I have a friend working there who is going to give me a good word! She said someone they interviewed had no clue about anything with fish and was obviously just there cause it is an interview. Hopefully I get called in!

Good luck, let us know if you get it. I'll say hi when I'm in there.

Good luck, let us know if you get it. I'll say hi when I'm in there.

Hehe alrighty (; I hope to get a call for an interview soon. If I get it i will give the fishy forecast on healthy shipments (:

Good luck!! :)

Good luck!! :)

Thank youu!!

So guys, no call yet but tomorrow morning I am going to walk right in there and demand (ask politely) for an interview! Apparently the reason I haven't heard anything is because one of the managers heard me say that I don't think it is right they sell baby betta fish in the store. I have to make them realize that while I am allowed to have my opinions I would never keep a customer from buying one. They have a better chance in the home of someone I can guide to purchase the correct things for them rather than a tiny cup (X

Good luck!

Thank you!! :krazy: