54 litres enough for two goldies?

So at the moment I have two goldies crammed into a teeny 24 litre tank (I know this is awful, but I bought the tank and everything before I found out it wasn't big enough).

Well I know this tank is far too small, so I'll be upgrading to a larger tank. Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of funds or space.

I was wondering what is the absolute smallest tank that I would be able to house my two goldies in? I've been looking at a 54 or 60 litre aquarium that's not too expensive, or will I have to go bigger and get something more along the lines of 100 litres?

Edited by Cezza91

Ok, just so I know. :) If I'm going to be paying money for a new tank then I would prefer to at least get one that is definitely big enough. And I want them to have plenty of space and be happy. Need to get them out of that teeny tiny tank as soon as possible :P Thanks for your help.

Would something like this be adequate?

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquariums/interpet-aquariums/interpet-fish-pod-aquarium-120.html?ref=googlebase

Edited by Cezza91

Hi, we have had 1 goldfish in a 60ish liter tank and recently upgraded to a used 150 liter tank (currently cycling) with the idea that we could get our fish a friend later. I think the only real problem with the seapets kit in your link is the filter. It looks underpowered. We chose to buy a used tank and a new filter to do this as economically as possible. Actually, we will use our current filter plus a new aquaclear.

If possible you could look on a website like craigslist (not sure if you have that in the UK) or something like that which is where people post used stuff for sale. You can get a used tank for super great prices sometimes. It would help you to not spend so much money for sure

There's craigslist in the UK, but I've been looking at all the areas and it seems that no one is selling it...unless a fish tank is called something else there

That house is atrocious. Did you see the tank on the precarious stand, with the tea colored liquid inside?

:rofl :rofl not to mention the dirty undwear lying on the floor in one pic, the young girls posing in bikinis in another, and the beer bellied shirtless man randomly in the next. hmmmm.... I'm in!

now that we are totally off topic.....