I think I frightned my goldfish.

Guest Jessie

Guest Jessie

Ok, guys, my goldfish are ALWAYS hungry, so i thought I could feed them some pellets. Then wi was going to close the lid, and i tapped my knee on the front of the glass of my aquaruim. BAD IDEA. They got really scared. They were at the top swimming. Then they flicked they're tails in the air and went to the bottom. MP was ok, he started swimming around like nothing happend. But Pringles was running around like CRAZYYYY! But then he calmed down and acted normal. They're ok. I thought they wre going to have a heart- attack! :no::carrot::krazy:

• Supporter

try not to make loud noises. they do get frightened with noise and vibrations. some fish experience fright during a loud thunderstorm or electric storm. the vibrations are enough to cause them stress.

another good tip is in the morning, do not turn the room light on immediately, open a blind and allow light to seep in. the sudden change from dark to light can sometimes send your fish hiding. goldfish do not have eyelids, so immediate bright light from dark will affect their eyesight and you will find they will try to hide behind ornaments or plants until their eyes adjust..

• Supporter

this thread must have inspired me to do so.. i just dropped the hood close after i just finished feeding my fish.. funny, they didn't even flinch.. i guess food is just too good around here! :rofl

I just go about my business, the fish will get used to your habits. Occasionally things happen to startle them...their reaction shouldn't last very long.