Norton's Quarentine Thread!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! :D

Thanks Mandie. I was eating and reading when I saw that pic :P

Salt and prazi away! I would do the biggest water change you can without removing him.

And congrats!

Whoops! Sorry.

I think he is yawning too...prazi should take care of that, right? should i single or double dose prazi? :) and since i am doing daily water changes, should i always add back the amount i took out each day? because in the normal schedule i would leave it for 3 days before doing a wc :)

Ps- i got the plants today! Thanks so much! Feel free to ask me if theres any plant that i have that you want some of!

Edited by pandamanda111

Do this, Mandie:

1. One round of double Prazi + 0.3% salt.

2. Then don't replace Prazi and just salt at 0.3% for 2 weeks.

3. Then 3-5 more rounds of single dose Prazi + 0.1% salt.

I know that this will mean it's longer than 4 weeks, but this approach allows for more comprehensive treatment of external parasites with the higher salt. We start with double Prazi to significantly knock down flukes first before going back and deal with them later on in QT.

okay, that sounds good. just one question (shocking!), when you say rounds, do you mean the normal schedule, where there are 2 days in between where i dont do a wc? because i would like to do a big wc every day :)

Edited by pandamanda111

I'm thinking...

one round of prazi:

day1-add salt gradually to 0.3%, add double dose of prazi

day2-wc. add salt and prazi that was removed with wc

day3-wc. add salt and prazi that was removed with wc

day4-wc. add salt and prazi that was removed with wc.

does that sound right?

does that sound good?

im going to try to get him a better filter sometime this week, though im a little worried seeding it with my current filter. could it possibly have some kind of parasites in the media? maybe thats why ernie died?

Is it wrong that I think those louse are pretty cool lol. They deffinately look a lot better than anchor worms and probley don't feel as gross when you remove them >_<. I wish my anchor worms did a cute little dance like that though lol.

Aw, fudge He's bottom sitting.

Mandie, try not to worry so much. Remember he came from a place with parasites, so it is to be expected that he has flukes and/or other parasites.

Hang in there.

Thanks guys :)

He has moved on from bottom sitting, and is now doing that thing where he swims really fast (flashing?) but not rubbing himself against anything. Poor guy :( Anyone know how long until the prazi kicks in?

It is at 0.1% right now. I will raise it to 0.2% tonight, and 0.3% tomorrow :)

I am not going to be able to do a wc on saturday...we are leaving Friday morning (I will wake up early and do a wc) and will be home Sunday afternoon (I will do a wc ASAP)...do you think it will be okay?