Norton's Quarentine Thread!

Hola!

Im driving home with a bag full of water and a Norton! ;) he's a cute white and orange oranda. You guys are going to hate me, but I got him knowing he had a parasite. But he was 6 dollars, and the store has a great guarantee, so I thought it was worth a shot.

He has some sort of bug on his fin. Pictures later. I'm thinking I will prazi him, hopefully that gets rid of any parasites. Or maybe I can just scrape it off somehow? I only see 1. What do you think?

He's not in a tank yet, so I didn't answer the questions.

Edited by pandamanda111

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!! It might be an anchor worm, and if that is the case you need to get it off. I think tweezers work, but then I have no clue about the treatment after that. I will wait for someone more knowledgeable to pop in lol

But CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! :)

congrats on Norton......................... :clapping:

I bought a fish once that had a louse, and you could see it move !~~~Tim netted it, removed the louse with tweezers ~~~~no more problems with that fish !!............................ :D

Could we see what the bug looks like? Now I'm curious lol.

For disinfection, I just clean the tweezers really well, dip them into some HP, and then go to work. You are actually not going to be grabbing on to any part of the fish with the tweezers, so you don't have to worry about that part. A word of caution, if this is a louse, it can move surprisingly fast. Also, there may be others, so you will want to do a very thorough check :)

Edit: Oh, my. What a cute fish! Thanks for sending him to me! :rofl

Edited by dnalex

Could we see what the bug looks like? Now I'm curious lol.

For disinfection, I just clean the tweezers really well, dip them into some HP, and then go to work. You are actually not going to be grabbing on to any part of the fish with the tweezers, so you don't have to worry about that part. A word of caution, if this is a louse, it can move surprisingly fast. Also, there may be others, so you will want to do a very thorough check :)

Edit: Oh, my. What a cute fish! Thanks for sending him to me! :rofl

I'll try my best! I'm going to need an amazing camera! ;)

I don't think we have any hp laying around :( what about rubbing alcohol?

Edited by pandamanda111

WOW~~~Norton is gorgeous..................and the sad face..............too cute !!

When Tim removed the louse (the fish only had one) the fish was not touched, only the louse, It was the first time I had ever seen a fish louse !!!

kinda neat in a gross way................ :o

P8141231.jpg

i was unable to get a clear picture of the bug with him swimming around, but when i tweeze it i will try to. in this picture ^ you can see the redness around the bug on his anal fin (i think thats what it is)

Edited by pandamanda111