How do you walk away?

justme9984

I promise this will be my last new post for a while ;)

So, I was at the pet store (again) acquiring MORE fish stuff! Well, of course I just glanced at the fish (funny how I never even went to see the fish before I up and decided I might like to have them out of nowhere) But there was a GORGEOUS and super cute orange oranda, he was bubbling away, I put my hand up and he followed it and was just too cute for words. He was like an aquatic puppy and I couldn't stand it. I feel like I should have taken him, he was definitely a puppy dog.

So, how do you walk away sometimes? I guess the most common answer will be the reason I walked away, I just can't add anymore. My tank isn't big enough for 4 and its not even completely through cycling yet...I am definitely happy with my 3, I'm not going to become a fish hoarder, haha. I've walked through the pet store many a times recently and never felt like I "had" to have anybody, but this guy just spoke to me and it was hard to leave him lol. So if you happened to have the extra room and a fish just was like "the fish" how would you decide to walk away instead?

• Admin

Well heres my dilemma :lol TD told me If I get more tanks I get to sleep out side... So that stops me. Right now I have three goldfish in my 55 gallon tank no room at the Inn now :(

If I had extra room I wouldn't walk away from a fish I wanted! But given that I have no room and no option for a new/larger tank, I browse the fishies, but don't even allow myself to think about bringing one home.

I'm probably not the person to answer this :lol

My answer is: I don't. I go get more/bigger tanks.

:exactly .........Hi my name is Debbie, and I am a fish hoarder ........................ :rofl

Yupp this is me at the current time lol. I have bins and 10gallon tanks everywhere and just got a 55 gallon tank along with my 40gallon ....... :rofl :rofl

How do you walk away?

With your feet, you take one foot and step back. With the front part of the foot, apply weight and lift off with the other foot. When you do that, use the momentum and pull a 180 degree turn. When turn is complete, you walk away

How do you walk away?

With your feet, you take one foot and step back. With the front part of the foot, apply weight and lift off with the other foot. When you do that, use the momentum and pull a 180 degree turn. When turn is complete, you walk away

:tomuch:

How do you walk away?

See when I try this I always make another 180 degree turn and it never seems to work out LOL ;)

• Admin

How do you walk away?

See when I try this I always make another 180 degree turn and it never seems to work out LOL ;)

:tomuch:

I try to avoid the fish area as much as possible ;) I am at my limit currently but have access to another tank if I ever NEED one ;) but hubby's already complaining about the electric bill with 2 goldfish tanks and 2 betta tanks already ;) lol... soon I will be sleeping with the fishes ;)

When we go see fish, I always seem to find such cute fish...but thankfully it's my kid who says, "Sure wish we had room in the fish apartment!" and that makes it easy to ambulate in the opposite direction. :)

I normally do the 'give it a month' thing. I only drive to the city maybe once a month if that so if the fish I want is still there then I'm in the clear to get it (if it's healthy looking). A month is a long time for a fish in a fish store so needless to say it doesn't happen often.

• Supporter

i am not fully stocked, but i am at the quantity i am comfortable with. now, when i pick and choose, they have to be special.. they have to be near show quality.. they have to be jumbo.. they have to be breathtaking.. only because i am comfortable with the "numbers" i currently have..

buuuuut, if i were to get another 120 gallon.. i would go fully sick and just insane with gimme gimme gimme!...

I just hope they are still there until I can get my hands on a new tank, which can which can sometimes take over a year! A goldfish once stayed in a pet shop for a year from when I saw it until I got it and It was definitly the same one! But he was really badly stunted and died. :(

One day I have a dream to build a second floor to my house so the bottom one can just be goldfish tanks! :D

Lol!

Too Funny! Well, I thought that the one I saw the other day was adorable, I absolutely saw the most amazing oranda yesterday. Huge, amazing wen, the BIGGEST eyes I've ever seen and a big mouth lol, he followed my finger around bubbling away, oh my I wanted him so bad. He was chocolate with a little orange around his tummy. Just to die for! I'm sure he wouldn't stick around long, but that was a tough one! I probably just shouldn't go to the fish at all anymore, though since I'm still new to the hobby, I feel the need!

Orandas have those cute little teddy bear faces, chubby cheeks, beautiful eyes....its hard to walk away from them. They seem to be so animated too, my current one actually makes a noise at the top of the water when I walk by so I will look at her and maybe feed her yet again. My fantail is more beautiful but the orandas are endearing.