Sign in to follow this  
Akari_32

Omega One Pond and Koi Sticks

PetSmart has both the Omega One Koi and Pond Sticks on clearance, so I was wondering, should I grab a bucket? And which one? I've only got Goldfish, but 11 Bucks for a huge bucket of either type of food sounds great, and I do like Omega One (though I'd rather have New Life Spectrum lol). I'd have to break the sticks up, but I don't mind at all. What do you guys think?

Well, keep in mind that after opening the food container, you should only use it for about 6 months, since the fats in the food will start to get rancid.

Are you going to use the entire giant bucket or not? I read you only got 3 goldfish. A 4oz can of omega one goldfish pellets last me several months, and I have more than a dozen goldfish. :)

I feed my girl's pond sticks as a treat............fall or aut.blend, I think...........Omega one brand is ok............for that price I'd grab it...........

you can keep goldfish food for like (up to) a year before throwing it away, and should be able to freeze some too .............. :thumbs:

Well, keep in mind that after opening the food container, you should only use it for about 6 months, since the fats in the food will start to get rancid.

Are you going to use the entire giant bucket or not? I read you only got 3 goldfish. A 4oz can of omega one goldfish pellets last me several months, and I have more than a dozen goldfish. :)

I can separate a bit of food for every day use, and put the rest in a freezer bag and freeze it. The bucket itself probably holds just under a gallon...

I have more than three, I just can't update it on my phone easily lol I've got 7 commons and comets, and two fancies :)

Gotcha! Well, for that price it's not too bad. Give it a try if you like!

Are the pellets floating or sinking?

Fang is absolutely right, and putting the food in the freezer does not stop the oils and fats from going rancid. The fact of the matter is that while inexpensive, you will have way more than you can ever use in a reasonable amount of time.

I feed my girl's pond sticks as a treat............fall or aut.blend, I think...........Omega one brand is ok............for that price I'd grab it...........

you can keep goldfish food for like (up to) a year before throwing it away, and should be able to freeze some too .............. :thumbs:

My Goldie's are all outside. There doesn't seem to be any season label on these foods.

I have an idea..........take out what you will need to feed them............and donate the rest to someone that has a pond with goldies around where you live................... :D

They're sinking, I think. I also have a friend that has a pond, so I can share it :)

I have an idea..........take out what you will need to feed them............and donate the rest to someone that has a pond with goldies around where you live................... :D

Ha, we had the same idea at time XD

Ha, we had the same idea at time XD

great minds think alike (so I am told)............... :teehee

Lol

So what kind should I get? The koi ones or the pond ones (for all pond fish)?

I would go for the POND ones..................(just me).............. :D

I'll just assume that we are all in agreement on me buying the Pond sticks, and not the Koi ones? ;)