That dang pet shop and its fish sales

Hidr

LOL its a wild type oscar. But they had it labeled wrong. lol Said it was a red tiger but it has no red. Harder to find these.

LOL its a wild type oscar. But they had it labeled wrong. lol Said it was a red tiger but it has no red. Harder to find these.

oh cool! that will be fun to watch him grow :)

so cute~~~

Tim and I saw one at Meijer's shortly after we were married, and BEFORE we learned about fish, we wanted several in a tank............ :yikes

then we learned that ONE oscar needed at the min 55 gallons..........so we ditched our dream of several and ended up with one, a beautiful tiger O.

he grew to be 15 inches for us............and he was UNDER 1.5 old !!!

Congrats on the cute little O............can't wait for the pics as he grows ! :)

Edited by Sharkbait3

Ugh...Hidr...you make me want my oscar back soooooo bad! I have two understocked goldfish tanks which I could convert into one understocked and one stocked to free up my 55 for an oscar :D. Or I will just watch your new little cutie grow.

Love the Oscars!. Wish I had a big enough tank for a few. That's all I had when I was in high school. I remember paying $90 for the albino's when they first came out..ouch. You have a cool looking Oscar. I can't wait to see it when it get's bigger. They are also known as a Black Oscar. Really hard to find now.

Oh Lord he is so beautiful!! Or she.

Say, total dumb noob question, but are wild types less aggressive? Will two be fine together in a 55g? Because I recently read that you need at least 120g for two of them, because I was way future planning about maybe having a tiger and an albiono together, but the tank sized put a quick stop to that idea :lol

But if a wild type is less aggressive and they are more likely to get along, that would be neat :)