Anyone interested in baby apple snails?

CindyGen

My new apple snails laid eggs, I am trying to decide if I should remove them or let them hatch. I have read a single egg cluster can produce 100 baby snails, and of course no way I have room for that many. If anyone wants some, let me know, otherwise I am going to remove the eggs in the next couple of days. I have yellow and purple snails and I don't know which one laid the eggs.

Soon as I get moved I would love a couple. BTW that many most likely wont survive if you keep them in the tank with fish. But you should get enough to share.

Edited by Hidr

At the moment they are in QT - the adults just got here on FRIDAY and already laid eggs. I have them in a seperate 30 gallon tank for quarantine. I bought 8 large adult snails planning to put one or two in each of my tanks, but the people I bought them from sent me some young snails too, I have about a dozen of those, and now eggs. I am afraid I will have apple snails coming out my ears shortly.

Edited by CindyGen

Ok so I know I don't want to let more than one clutch hatch out then. I will be happy to share babies though! I'll let you know how things progress.

I got a couple of white baby snails too in addition to the yellow and purple.

My new apple snails laid eggs, I am trying to decide if I should remove them or let them hatch. I have read a single egg cluster can produce 100 baby snails, and of course no way I have room for that many. If anyone wants some, let me know, otherwise I am going to remove the eggs in the next couple of days. I have yellow and purple snails and I don't know which one laid the eggs.

One clutch will still produce about 100 snails. I would break a small piece of the clutch off so you might end up with about 25 eggs, that should yield you at least 10-15 snails. :)

I will try that. I just did a water change and found another cluster of eggs. One set is pinkish and the other is white because now I have to decide which set to keep. Any idea what that is? I will break off some of the clutch I keep so it pars the numbers down some.