Sign in to follow this  
Prejudiced

New fish in the tank! (pics)

Hi guys!

Here is the new moor who just joined my (now overcrowded :no::oops: ) tank from QT. She was taken for cost price (See, like $2) from my favourite LFS because he was that bashed up from shipping that she was probably not going to make it through their QT procedures. Her siblings are currently on sale for a decent price, so I think she was a bargain anyway. :lol Her fins are still crimpy (and I'm told are likely to stay that way), and one anal one tore and healed very strangly in a 'lump' of fin, but otherwise all her splits have healed and she's looking much happier. :)

RBZ3r.jpg

He just LOVES to follow Rico around all day. (Note, the moor is MUCH smaller then this makes him seem. He is up front where Mischa’s fin is, while Rico is way up the back in the rockwork)

OQNBY.jpg

“OMG! I’m a fish!”

rBJjj.jpg

‘Weeny-fish’ Still needs a proper name, so feel free to suggest some! Weeny seems to be a girl, if that helps some!

A few people have also been asking about Mischa, my other 'rescue' fish, the red oranda. Here is how she is going now! She is still a bit beat up, dorsal seems to be broken for good even 3 months later, but she is much better now. She also seems to be growing a hump ryukin style, rather then the smooth back she had before. It can be hard to show with the wen in the way, but see the pics below. At the moment as a result, she looks a bit awkward though! She's also full of eggs again, so extra fat. :P

BEFORE (When first bought home)

ZlpRD.jpg

NOW! (3 months later)

EKgpq.jpg

mfWov.jpg

td4yP.jpg

Xwuso.jpg

Note- No proper photos of Rico this time, sorry. He's as gorgeous as ever, though! ;)

Wow They are all looking amazing! :D All your fish are just gorgeous and I am always to be in awww when you post pictures of them :) I loved how much puggier miss Mischa is too cute :wub: That moors face is also just too sweet and I love the last pic of him :clapping: Congrats for the entire family being together now :grouphug

Aww, they look great!

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

so pretty!!! I love moors!

They look so healthy and happy :clapping:

Very nice! They all look great :)

both fish are looking incredible.......and healthy too.........WTG.........keep up the good work !............. :clapping:

They are all great looking :goodjob

Such lucky fish to find you.

wow you have done an amazing job bringing them back from the brink :) and they are so beautiful loving all the fins :)

They are beautiful, you are doing a great job with them :)

They are beautiful ! Great job rescuing them.

Thanks guys!

I originally planned to bide my time and get one or two very nice fish, but I always seem to be a sucker for the ones needing a home. Either way, I?m very happy with how Mischa is turning out (she?s quite an impressive creature in real life, super friendly too) , and I think little weeny will grow to be a great moor regardless of her fins, as she has that beautiful tele body shape.

:)

They are looking fantastic, Amber! :thumb: