Sign in to follow this  
booaaaa27

Got a safer tank for the Goldies

Most goldfish keepers go with about 40 liter per fancy goldfish, but when you look at your giant fish you can tell that for such large fish, 40 liter are not enough. 100 liter seems much more appropriate.

With this size tank, the small ones will catch up in growth quickly

If the tank is cycled or not is not possible to say by seeing a photo. It's all in the water parameters you have to test for, but your tank looks very good already!

Thank you oerba. The picture is not very clear so it's hard to make out the test results vials at the bottom right of the aquarium. It's a sera test kit not api. Hope it's cycled. Can't wait to get the other kids home.

That's awesome that your lfs said 100 liters per fish! You must have a great lfs. I think that when you are considering a long term home for adult fish this is a great recommendation :) you have lucky fish ;)

The goldies are lucky because i get to learn ALOT from this forum. If not for the mods here i am sure a lot more cute ones will be sick or even die.

The LFS is also a great source of advise though not as comprehensive as our mods here :) We are lucky to have the LFS and i really believe they are experts. The fish they carry never failed to amaze us hence the frequent "urgent" trips haha

IMG-20120819-WA0006.jpg

Some of what they have.........drool.........

Wow! I wish my lfs carried fish like that! :heart

WOW! :clapping:

Wow! Those fish are BEAUTIFUL! You are so lucky to have such an awesome LFS.

And your goldies are so lucky to have such an awesome tank ;)

Guys this morning I see some serious algae bloom. Is that something to worried about? Anything I Should do?

Guys this morning I see some serious algae bloom. Is that something to worried about? Anything I Should do?

Just means its cycling. Keep an eye on the water qualities :thumb:

Thanks guys. It's 180*60*60. And yes the current is pretty strong. I tried to lower the current on the far right filter. Hope it helps. Should have gone with an overflow system? Still learning.

If the current is too strong, put a filtration foam sock over the filter outlet (for exemple, a rena internal filter foam, available as a spare part). It will allow you to "break" the strength of current witthout reducing the Gallons/Hour ratio.

Does it mean i am the end or start of the cycle koko?

Are you able to test the water? what are your params looking like?

Params looking great. 0 amm, 0, nitrite, 10 nitrate. Wiped the algae from the glass. Just worried its already in the tubes n filters

Wow, you are indeed lucky to have a store near you with beautiful fish and good advice. Your tank is lovely!

Ok so you got 0, 0, then nitrates? but a cloudy tank?

They just laid eggs in this tank?

Ok so you got 0, 0, then nitrates? but a cloudy tank?

They just laid eggs in this tank?

At the moment Nitrate is at 10. Yes 2 weeks ago there are lots of eggs. The brown algae disappeared all of a sudden.

Beautiful tank and fish. Your fish are huge. What does LFS mean? Does it mean local fish store?

Beautiful tank and fish. Your fish are huge. What does LFS mean? Does it mean local fish store?

:bingo:

20120910_1159390.jpg

At last they have all returned to a fully cycled home. Hope they will love their new home.

Oh.My.Gosh. They are gorgeous!!! :thud Wow!