Sign in to follow this  
Akari_32

Meet Brain!

I've been toying around with what I really wanted to do with my 65 gallon pond, and my trip to the LFS today (to order a pleco) really helped me decide ;)

So, meet Brain! (sorry about no IMG codes. My phone disapproves of Photobucket)

http://s344.photobucket.com/albums/p321/Akari_32/Brain/

He was marked as a Japanese Fantail (Japanese as a opposed to what...?), but he's got a cap, or "brain-dar look" (hence his name lol) as I said to the owner of the store, going on, so I think he's a mutt-fish. Does anyone else think that that nice erect dorsal fin screams Ryukin? When it's fully up, it even pushes forward a bit.... :)

Anyways, there he (or she lol) is! I may get a second fancy for the small pond, so he has a buddy, and they'll obviously come in in the winter (along with my pleco). I have a 55 gallon that I can get, just needs the side pannel replaced, which means a reseal is in my future >.<

Congrats!!!!!Awww he looks super cute and like a Oranda <3 Be very careful with plecos and fancys ;)

Thanks! It's a sailfin, not a common, that I ordered, and he'll actually be in the 150 gallon pond, until he is brought in, then he'll have to share the tank with the fancies. Sailfins are a lot less aggressive and smaller than commons, reaching about 18 inches, as opposed to 3 or more feet, and they stay vegetarians their whole lives. But yes, I'll always be on the look-out for problems, I always am, housing bettas with other fish :)

Edited by Akari_32

Aww,so cute. Looks like my Alice when I first got him, although Brain has a smaller wen. I love when goldies are little like that. <3

Brain had the smallest wen in the whole tank (or like 4 or 5 other actual orandas), and he's only got a little bit on the top of his head. The rest of the fish had full wens, but he had the cutest coloration =3

I wish I had better pics of him! He's so fast for being so fat!! He's only and inch and half from nose tip to the base of his tail X3

That is good :D and he really is super adorable I love his color! A pond life will be epic for him :D

His colors are really super bright, but the light on the tank combined with my picky camera drown that wonderful orange out :( the over head shot shows it the best, but it's not quite as bright as it should be lol

I can't wait to get the pond up the rest of the way. It needs to stop raining on my days off work! All that needs to be done is the sides need to be built up with dirt (this pond is only in the ground up to the shelf, for depth compared to the 150 gallon pond). That's it's!! But the stupid florida summer disapproves >=(

Look at the big brain on Brain!!! He's a cutie. :)

He is gorgeous!

He is a cutie!

Sailfin plecos can and have attacked goldfish. Just because it isn't a common doesn't mean it is safe.

Cute little guy

Thanks guys! He's my first fancy, so he will be extra spoiled :P

I know it's never completely a safe bet with plecos that they'll behave, but it's a chance I'm willing to take. You never know what will happen till you try! :)

very cute! :)

Thanks guys! He's my first fancy, so he will be extra spoiled :P

They always are! :)

Hehehe, with out a doubt he will be!

Oh and in case you guys haven't figured it it yet, that link is to an album of just him, so click that next arrow a few times ;) (not sure if it opens differently on your computers compared to my phone).

Edited by Akari_32

Aww congrats on your new addition :) he is a cutie :)

Thanks! He's quite bold and curious and spunky. I love him already! X3

Lovely little guy! I love the name! Makes me think of Pinky and the Brain. :)

Thanks! He was named before we even made it to the car LOL

I think that might be a KR or a Koko Record! :rofl

I think that might be a KR or a Koko Record! :rofl

It wasn't a log walk, either. You probably could have read my licence plate from the door :rofl3

Hee Hee, That is fast! :rofl

Congrats! He is very cute :D

'japanese fantail' aka ORANDA? :P

lmao. Pet stores are so silly.

But lovely little fiish. <3 both of my orandas are red and white like that. I just adore red and white.

what a cutie! congratz :)