Sign in to follow this  
wteoh1

Whats your longest living goldfish that has been with you?

Very interested in you guys how long they've been with you with all the care!

i have a very stunted, extremely mistreated calico fantail who has been with me since May 2004.

I have a ryukin named Cartman and a pearlscale named Kyle that have been with me since July 2010.

Truth is guys, my two goldfish right now is very possibly going to be my longest lived goldfish. I didn't have any fish that surpassed one year =_= but that was a long time ago when i had no idea how to take care of fish.

My two fancies have been with me since November 2011 :clapping:

Any of you guys have had experiences with any disease/illness?

Well the oldest fish I have ever owned got to 8 and my oldest goldie I own now is 6

My oldest goldie is my pearlie Roosevelt and he's been with me since 2009ish?

I hope I'm not jinxing myself but I will have my Ollie boy a year this fall (fingers crossed) it seems that is the longest I have kept a Goldie :(

Stunted fantail about a year and a half, which is quite surprising cause his first year was in a 10L bowl(then i came here :) and found out how to look after them )

My mom had a goldfish that lived to be 16... which was 4 years older than I was at the time haha. It was really sad when she passed away from dropsy :'(

The goldfish I have right now, I've had for about 3 or 4 years.

Isn't it so nice to have a goldfish live with you so long?

Yeah, it is. She was such a sweet girl, eating out of your hand and everything! Apparently she was just a little thing when mom bought her, but she grew to at least a foot (tail fin included) by the time she died.

I am proud to say that I have had Spot, my big ole Comet since '04!!!!! The rest of my goldies I have only had for a few months to several months!!

We got our first goldies in June of 2011, and I am happy to say that we still have the original three. :heart We've had a few issues along the way and lost a few, but overall, everyone looks good (knock on wood). :D

On August 15th, my fish will have been with me for 3 years!! Longest ever thanks to Koko's!! :clapping::carrot:

I should post a timeline soon.

The first fish I ever had was Neon Tetras. It died everyday until my tank disappeared. That was back around 2000-2001.

After my fish project in 3rd grade (2003), I got my very first goldfish it was a common goldfish. It came home in a container with gravel in it. My parents said it needed friends so we got a 20 gal with two fancy goldfish one that was a redcap oranda.

I attempted to keep fish for 3 years until finally giving up.

In October 2011, I had dreams of keeping fish again. This time I did careful research. I did alot of research until I was confident that I got Goldfish in November 2011. I got an Oranda and Fantail. My fantail died two weeks later because I didn't know what to do of swimming bladder disorder. My Saki-Hikari Purple Bag was my first pellet food I fed them. I ordered it and it arrived the day my fantail died. I got a replacement for my fantail and both my Oranda and Fantail has been living ever since and still alive today. I have pictures from the first day and omg I can compare the size right now. They tripled in size because I fed them with high quality pellets.

Tithra introduced me to Kokos back in January 2011 when I uploaded my goldie YouTube video and tithra commented on it. Boom! I ended up falling inlove with koko's website. My Goldfish knowledge is very advanced now.

My Goldfish care is going to be very successful as they might as well live for a decade by the time I have children.

We had our longest living GF for about 7+ years. (RIP Dorothy)

My current goldies aren't very old--maybe a year or two. I usually write it down on my calendar. I should look that up.

I still have two of my original 3 goldies: my calico pearlie Tweedle Dee and my lemon-head oranda Alice. I've had them since early January of this year.

My family has some shubunkins my Grandmother bred chilling in our ponds. She has been deceased for 10 years, and did not breed them for the last few years, so they are at least 11 or 12. I have a feeling this winter may be the last for some of them though, as age does seem to finally be catching up with a few of them. ): I’m sure I can get some photos off my phone if anyone is interested. They are big!

She also had two orange/met Bristol shubu shaped fish (I think they may have been Bristol culls actually) that were around for years before I was born. They originally belonged to my aunt, but ended up in a huge tank in the hall next to the bookshelves. They would have been nearing 15 by the time they died.

On the fancy side though, my oldest fancy is a plain jane fantail (Known jokingly as Hitler because she had a hitler stashe when when got her) who would be 4 or 5. I don’t think I’ve known a fancy who’s hit 10. ): She lives with the shubies. I think my mother’s sarasa comet pair would be the same age, maybe a bit older.

We´ve had Newton for a year and a half. He was very small when we got him.