New bow front is up and running

It is up and running, using sand. I was going to paint a back ground but couldn't decide what I wanted so I just ended up buying one.

I really like how the sand looks.

IMG_41232.jpg

Ooo, I love it! Yay for sand!!! What plants do you have in there?

I have no idea what they are called. Some of them are from cuttings from plants I grew from bulbs, and some are clippings from some I bought. I robbed plants out of all my tanks and I bought 2 but don't know what they are called either. I have about 12 house plants and can't even remember what they are called. lol

Very happy!

What fish are you going to put in it?

How many gallons is the tank?

:D

Edited by Acro

Very happy!

What fish are you going to put in it?

How many gallons is the tank?

:D

I am going to put three in it. It is 36 gallons. They are not very big yet. I know I am going to put my moor in, I bought it with him in mind. I am not sure about the other 2. I am thinking about one of them being a redcap that I have a feeling may be dwarfed. He has only grown a little bit and eveyone else has out grown him. I think he would be a nice contrast to the moor. I am not sure about the other one though.

Right now I am filtering 450 gph on it, so i don't see a problem with three. I have had four in a forty forever and their water params stay perfect. The forty is filtering about 600 GPH though.

I have a small internal filter that runs 119 gph, I may move it over to this one. I have a HOB I could replace it with on the other tank.

I seeded one of the filters on it and swapped out a cycled filter, so I am hoping my cycle starts up quick, I have a couple of juvenile platys in there to feed it amonia, (I have a zillion babies right now) I will test the water daily and use Prime when needed.