my lionhead

my lionhead goldfish is a very strange at times his name is leonard he has a temporary bowl at the moment until i get him a big tank in a few months i went to my LFS and found him in a small tank with no other fish lonely and on the verge of death so i made a complaint to the fish store and bought him bought him home stuck him in this large bowl fed him to get his weight up and got him up to health now he is happy and healthy heres a pic http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/Anaru_Hoskin/IMG_20120717_164820.jpg

He should really be in something larger. A 10 gallon goes for about $14 at most LFS and would be a much more suitable home until you can upgrade. He's a really lovely fish and it'd be awesome if he lived a nice full life in proper housing.

That's a nice fish, but you really should try to get him into at least 10 gallons / 40 liters as soon as possible. Being in a container this small can easily cost him his life. As of now, you will absolutely have to change the entirety of the water in his bowls at least twice daily.

Maybe your parents can help you out with it. Maybe they can even give you your allowance a little earlier so you can buy a nice tank for him :)

He really is a lovely fishy! I like Leonard a lot :D Goldfish do need lots of swimming room though, perhaps you could get a big tub to put him in until you can get a suitable tank!? Then you will have to do plenty of water changes cos goldfish poop a lot and they mess up the water pretty quick.

Wishing you lots of luck with him and remember, we are always here to help! :)

aww how sweet of you to bring him home :) and he sure is a cute fellow and I love his name as well :)

I do think if you can get him in a nice large tub with proper filtration (or water changes) he'll grow up nice and beautiful for you :)

:) You sure have a cute little guy! He's adorable! I definitely agree with the other members about 10 gallons at least with a filter. You can get food safe storage containers that are very cheap, and then just pick up a filter. It'll help your little guy feel a lot more comfortable and happy until you can get a tank hun!

um this may be a shock to you but i ive in new zealand and 10 gallons are at least 144$ i know rip off but i have a place i always shop at named pet essentails ive ordered fish there in the past and i always shop there and they are so kind that they have promised to lover the price of a 20 gallon ive been looking at by 50% the normal price would be 255$

and my bowl has a filter if you have a closer look you can see it behind the left plant

ok good news ive made a deal with my mum and if i do my chores which is do the vacum cleaning make my bed lol unload the dish washer and anything else that has to be done she will pay me at least 10$ and some times i work after skool at my sisters salon my jobs are cleaning cleaning cleaning cleaning cleaning and the towels and washing the colour bowls and you dont even get 1 sec to stop because its that busy and i get paid 20$ for 3 hours of work

Might you be able to find a clear storage container to keep him in until you earn your tank money? That's what I did to get my first fish out of his small tank. I imagine you might find one for a tenner. :)

They look like this: http://www.rubbermaid.com/category/pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_ID=RP091909&CatName=storage

You could set him up and with frequent water changes, he'll grow and thrive until you can buy the tank you like.

Best of luck! Lovely fish!!

great great news my nephew has normal common comet goldfish in a 10 gallon tank hes only 4 and of course his mom has to look after them they keep dying because they havent hand no experience and dont cleaning water or change it so they die and shes over them so shes taking the fish back and wants to get rid of the 10 gallon tank and i said id use it so maybey by the time you read this il have it and will be posting photos :):carrot::locked::clapping::panana

• 2 weeks later...

ok has anyone here ever heard of a game called silent hill 3? if so there is a boss - monster the main character heather faces called leonard wolf and as soon as i saw now my goldfish leonard at the pet shop the name leonard instantly came to me just by the way he looked at me

ok has anyone here ever heard of a game called silent hill 3? if so there is a boss - monster the main character heather faces called leonard wolf and as soon as i saw now my goldfish leonard at the pet shop the name leonard instantly came to me just by the way he looked at me

:) that's cool. I haven't seen silent hill or played the game, but I have heard it's really good

• Admin

:) that's cool. I haven't seen silent hill or played the game, but I have heard it's really good

Fang knows all bout that game and movie :yikes

Hey nice fish! Just wanted to say it's great you are trying to take such great care! I hope he continues to do well and you can soon get that 10 gallon or buy that 20 gallon you've been eyein :) Very responsible for someone as young as 11.

+ Welcome to Kokos!