2012 northwest Koi & Goldfish show

I feel like to non-avid/well informed fish keepers QT=medsmedsmedsmeds. Perhaps Tommy was just trying to say that many people overdue it and kill the fish in the process? I know some people use like malachite green when they QT which could easily kill a goldfish if done wrong (besides the fact that its not needed to begin with)

This is possible, but then wouldn't it make more sense, and also is more responsible, to educate people on how to QT properly rather than telling them to not QT at all? How does that phrase go? Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...

I feel like to non-avid/well informed fish keepers QT=medsmedsmedsmeds. Perhaps Tommy was just trying to say that many people overdue it and kill the fish in the process? I know some people use like malachite green when they QT which could easily kill a goldfish if done wrong (besides the fact that its not needed to begin with)

This is possible, but then wouldn't it make more sense, and also is more responsible, to educate people on how to QT properly rather than telling them to not QT at all? How does that phrase go? Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...

Exactly. I do think that he was referring to people tossing the fish in uncycled tanks for weeks, and that can surely kill a fish. But as you said, he should explain to the customer that there is a difference between "keeping a new fish separate" and "QTing a new fish properly".

And these fish on their sides were disturbing.

wow all the pics were amazing :) thanks for sharing it was almost like being there with you i could even feel your excitement :) and your chocolate ryu is amazing I can't wait to see it in your tank :)

As for the rest of the comments I think maybe PP is heading in the right direction about some people may over do the qt process and i totally agree one should never just put a new fish in with your main tank :( although I do know of people who do just that and they have been ever so lucky not to lose an entire tank of fish ;)

I met Koko :) More things later, time to work. She has a great sense of humor and was great to talk with! Thanks for meeting with me Koko :)

Edited by GreenTea

• Admin

The show wasnt great guys... Kinda disappointed :( But I got to meet GreenTea..... She is very nice and I enjoyed talking to her :thumb:

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Those Koi were funny following me :lol3

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Some cool signs they had :)

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

These fish where in the same tank :yikes The Ryukin as GreenTea saw had Dropsy's :(

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

I really wish their were shows were I lived too T_T Thank You for sharing your pretty pictures and the experiences with us :D I feel so sad about that Ryukin :no:

I,personally,have gotten fish from him-that I did qt and prazi'd but did NOT salt( :badidea )-and almost wiped out my entire collection of gf. It was a NIGHTMARE! Save yourself the :heart ache and do the qt :exactly Very pretty fish,btw-Congratulations :clapping:

( Here's a link to the nightmare thread-should anyone doubt the qt process http://www.kokosgold...508-helpplease/ ) AND,that's only 1/2 the story-there was MORE!

Edited by kukana

What confounding advise Tommy was giving!! Proof is in the unfortunate pudding huh?

Is there a photo of Green Tea and Koko commemorating her receiving the "I had the honor of meeting Koko" medal? :P

I would have loved to attend such a show! Currently Googling shows in my area...looking pretty slim though!

I went today too!!! It was lots of fun as usual, even my bf enjoyed it and took pix of the koi. My pix refused to download for some reason but if I can get them to work tommorrow then you guys can see even more fishies from the show. Or probably just more of the same ones! :P