Sign in to follow this  
Hidr

My experience with Soilent Green

Made some yesterday. Goldfish were not interested in it at all. Bn's had a feast. Karma (oscar) took some in and then spit it out and has not touched it since. Angelfish did not try it. Guppies like it.

Fed some more this morning. Goldfish ate some this time. But not with a lot of gusto. It was more like "Great that's all she is going to offer us we better eat some." My oscar and angefish still wont touch it. The Fire mouth and common pleco are enjoying it.

I also put some in the with the Betta and frogs. Betta did not touch it but the frogs swallowed it whole. lol

Guess I have some picky fish. Don't think Ill be spending that kind of money on buying more since it is not a huge hit with my fish.

Just my experience with my fish.

My friend tried the meat one with his oscars and angels. He said the fish nearly tore each other up they loved it so much. But my angels are picky too so I am afraid to try it.

Ya that may be it. But all I have is soilent green.

(OT)

Anyone see that movie? I find it kind of creepy to feed my fish something by that name cause of the movie.

Gosh Hidr. That's crummy :unsure: Mine loved it. Maybe it's just an acquired taste for some fish? But then it seems odd to be that ALL your fish, not just the goldies rejected it. I wonder if you just spoil them and now they won't eat anything but the very best haha :rofl2

yeah that stinks..(and so does the food),

All my fish loved it..............different food for different fish......that's why I got the 2 oz samplers..............to try it, my fish would not wait for the food to hit the gravel, they loved it...............meat pies for convicts, cory's, banjo cat, mystery pleco, the blue accura .............and community plus to the other tropicals......and of course soilent green for the goldies................but I am sure that at the price you want them to eat it or why bother with it.

Not all the fish. lol All the plecos like it and so do the guppy babies. But ya maybe they are to spoiled for it.

Well it is FOR BN's after all. I hope mine can get some from the goldies when I throw it in.

So weird! My goldies are ADDICTED to it!!!!! I swear grace almost does backflips with this food lol!!!!

I got the meat pie for the turtles and they LOVE it!!!

WHich one would you recommend for Discus? I'm waiting for my sample for the goldies but didn't know if soilent green was good for both of them or not.

I just made mine and phew! Tough for our vegan noses! :P

What I do know is, Sookie my coonhound is still not talking to me after she begged the entire time I was cutting it up to freeze.

Herman my redcap tried to suck up every piece so that Leroy coudn't try any. Once I kept him on one side of the tank, Leroy tasted his and became euphoric almost. They both did. Sort of peaced them both out.

I liked how easy it came together and how nicely it diced up. I spread the little cubes out in a single layer and set them in the freezer. I'll transfer them to a freezer bag once they are firmer.

I think I may weigh the boys and see how they fare with the weight gain.

I'm excited about this trial!

thats too bad.......guess its not for everyfish.................hopefully u only got the sample size :)

mine still keep begging for it....

Ya it is the sample size. It wont go to waste. Just wont order any. Or maybe try some of the others after I get moved.

WHich one would you recommend for Discus? I'm waiting for my sample for the goldies but didn't know if soilent green was good for both of them or not.

they have a sample pack of "Community Plus".........I would try that for the discus...........

Ya that may be it. But all I have is soilent green.

(OT)

Anyone see that movie? I find it kind of creepy to feed my fish something by that name cause of the movie.

You made me do it :tomuch:

I just made mine and phew! Tough for our vegan noses! :P

What I do know is, Sookie my coonhound is still not talking to me after she begged the entire time I was cutting it up to freeze.

Herman my redcap tried to suck up every piece so that Leroy coudn't try any. Once I kept him on one side of the tank, Leroy tasted his and became euphoric almost. They both did. Sort of peaced them both out.

I liked how easy it came together and how nicely it diced up. I spread the little cubes out in a single layer and set them in the freezer. I'll transfer them to a freezer bag once they are firmer.

I think I may weigh the boys and see how they fare with the weight gain.

I'm excited about this trial!

Dude I was impressed of the Over whelming smell my self and Im not Vegan :lol

My fish where scared at first. I mean they went to the other side of the tank in HORROR :rofl

Then slowly came over and once they realized it was food they Gladly ate it :lol

Koko

LOL I love that movie. First time I seen it I was like 12 and it scared me to death.

Going to feed some more today. Maybe that is what is going on with the goldfish they are scared of it. Think I'll get out the cheese grader and try it that way.

Koko

LOL I love that movie. First time I seen it I was like 12 and it scared me to death.

Going to feed some more today. Maybe that is what is going on with the goldfish they are scared of it. Think I'll get out the cheese grader and try it that way.

Hehe TD showed me that movie :lol

When I feed them today, they didnt seem so scared now :lol