Sign in to follow this  
GoldfishLover!

Fish Roe questions

Hi everyone, I bought a pack of fresh fish roe from the supermarket for my goldies (see the photo below).

Do I cook it first? Or can I use them for my goldies at all? Thanks.

Post04_FishFood.jpg

Must. Not. Make. Inappropriate. Joke.

I have no idea if this needs cooked. CAN it even be cooked? If it can be cooked, I personally probably would.

anything fresh like that i would add to gelfood.. urgh, i am of no help.. sorry.. :blink:

I don't see why you couldn't feed it to them. Human grade roe should be fine for ornamental fish, I would think.

I have no idea if this needs cooked. CAN it even be cooked? If it can be cooked, I personally probably would.

I know its SO hard NOT to make a joke~~~that being said, I don't think I even know what fish roe is !!

I know its SO hard NOT to make a joke~~~that being said, I don't think I even know what fish roe is !!

LOL

"Roe is the fully ripe internal egg masses in the ovaries" - sounds delicious.

anything fresh like that i would add to gelfood.. urgh, i am of no help.. sorry.. :blink:

I don't see why you couldn't feed it to them. Human grade roe should be fine for ornamental fish, I would think.

Thanks all. Probably will give some tiny bits to my goldies first. Will let you know the results :) Hope they like it.

I would cook it a bit, just to make sure it didn't carry any pathogens home from the grocery store.

Let us know how it goes!

i would steam or boil it first.................incase

must say the raw version doesn't look as appetising http://en.wikipedia....ki/Taramosalata, <--------------- that i like

OMG.. i have that like almost every day!!.. yuuuummm... quite fatty though.. but hey.. LMAO

yeah its quite rich (eat in moderation).......good for dipping raw veggies.......i like the smoky salmon flavour ones aswell

I would cook it a bit, just to make sure it didn't carry any pathogens home from the grocery store.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, will cook some of them through. Will let you know the result :)

i would steam or boil it first.................incase

must say the raw version doesn't look as appetising http://en.wikipedia....ki/Taramosalata, <--------------- that i like

:D Fair enough, cooked it is.

yeah its quite rich (eat in moderation).......good for dipping raw veggies.......i like the smoky salmon flavour ones aswell

Will just feed them once a week or so. Thanks.