Pearlscale injury...opinions appreciated!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY! I can't wait for him to be back in the main tank with his brothers and sister. :)

Once that blister's gone, will I be able to put him back in the main tank? Or I suppose I should probably wait for his tail to heal completely too....

When it comes time for him to go back, should I have him in there a couple days lowering the salt and everything and getting him used to normal water again?

Yes, you would want to re-acclimatize him to salt-less water first before putting him back.

It is more likely than not that he can go back before the fins are fully back to normal, but let's wait and see :)

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1262.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii612%2FStarSapphire22%2F100_0626.mp4">

This was why I was thinking of when I was watching the video :rofl

h_blimp06.jpg

I think overall he's look pretty good. His tank is a tad cloudy, probably from some microbial bloom, so I think that's OK. The other thing I noticed is that he seems to be a bit light on the tail end, and tends to tip up, unless he controls it. Have you been feeding him exclusively gel food? I would cut that down a little bit, and perhaps even give him some leafy things, like spinach.

Edit: just saw your comment about the bloom :)

Edited by dnalex

Yeah, the tank is full of whitish fluffies, no matter how many I siphon out. :veryangry:

I have been feeding exclusively gel food. I can give him some seaweed tomorrow, my roomate ate my spinach today apparently. :( Steve said he's always had a "head-down deportment" though. Apparently it's something a few of his pearlscales have.

Lol. You just gave me the answer :P

If his poop is that long, then he is overeating. At least during QT, he can go with much less. It might be that he's also a tad constipated, so greens are definitely recommended!

But of course, Helen. :rofl

That's what I thought when I saw it. He fasted today and will get two tidy little cubes tomorrow instead of three. I have found your tiny cubes much more manageable when I cut up enough for the day at feeding time, instead of the whole batch.

EDIT: Oh wait...I'm feeding him seaweed tomorrow. Oops. Well he'll get two from now on after tomorrow.

Edited by StarSapphire22

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1262.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii612%2FStarSapphire22%2F100_0626.mp4">

OHMYGOODNESS!!!! He's such a little fatty, I just love it!!! Hehehehehe! <3

• Supporter

Stakos I believe he had an injury to his tail if you're looking at the lower right caudal lobe (if I remember correctly)

it's the only mark on the fish other than the bubble sac.. so yeah.. goodie :D as long as we all know about it and it's not my 40 year old eyes seeing silly things.. it's all good :D :D

Haha, Jamie, I feel exactly the same way! :wub:

And yes, Stakos, he has a small tear in his tail, it's a little hole and the edge of the tissue is white where it's healing. You're not crazy, promise. :)

Edited by StarSapphire22

Ok, well I fed him seaweed today and I think he ate most of it. His blister looks the same as yesterday. Did an 80% water change with tank water, primed, salted, and medicated. Water reads at pH 7.4, Ammonia .25, Nitrite 0-.25, Nitrate 10.