Sign in to follow this  
StarSapphire22

Pearlscale injury...opinions appreciated!

Just go until you run out. I don't think the wound is infected, and the daily WCs will be perfect for healing.

Have you seen my review on Repashy soilent green premix gel? It's really fantastic stuff, especially for fish with potential to be floaty. The ingredients are great, and it's super easy to make. Check it out! :)

No I haven't! I will check it out tomorrow (time for bed for me, I've had hardly any sleep this week between bowser and work!). I made a homemade one.

This is my recipe:

1 cup API pellets

1/2 cup Hikari daphnia

1/4 cup Nutrafin spirulina flakes

2 sheets of Sally's Seaweed Salad (Natural dried poryphyra yezoensis seaweed)

1 cup romaine lettuce

1 cup kale

1 cup spinach

4 containers of Gerber Garden Vegetables baby food (carrots, peas, water, spinach)

2 containers of Gerber Squash baby food (squash, water)

3 tbsp canned pumpkin (100% natural pumpkin)

1 tablespoon minced garlic (organic garlic, water)

1 tsp basil (organic basil, water)

unflavored gelatin

I soaked the pellets, daphnia, spirulina flakes, and ripped up pieces of seaweed in 2 cups of water for about 45 minutes, then added it to the other ingredients that had been chopped and mixed up, and pureed it all together and set it with gelatin. We don't have the agar agar locally.

The recipe looks great! :)

found it! :IHNTA: to keep tabs on bowser :D

to save you having to video etc bowser daily, perphaps you shud keep him in my tank lol :P

bowser bowser :fbottom:

ps i second the repashy food.......................

pss i'm in the middle of big waterchanges, so will read this thread later on ....

I just wanted to add that if you're salting your tank, you're already giving Bowser a good defense against Nitrite poisoning should your cycle bump continue. The salt competes with the NO2- molecule in the gills that would cause damage.

I can't get over how cute your little guy is, and am really happy he's feeling better.

Edited by Hzleys87

Nothing like a Good Goldfish Poop in the Morning :read

You guys are so stinkin funny. :clapping:

And coco, you'll have to pry him from my cold dead fingers. Though I'm still working on how to bring them to Hawai'i with me when I go back to school in a couple years. :help: Good thing I have time.

Thanks, Hzleys87, that makes me feel a lot better. I can't get over him either, every time I see him I make girly little squealy noises. :rofl

Ok, so, no video as of yet, I'll try and get one up tonight still. Just did a 50% water change (had to use buckets, can't get the little screwon thingy on my faucet off....GRRRRRR. Now my carpal tunnel is mad at me, not to mention an old injury in my left hand...oops!). Medicated and replaced salt. Bowser's pretty alert today. Blisters definitely look smaller! Tank water looks cloudy, looks like I'm going through a bacterial bloom with the mini cycle. Bowser ate gel food today! I dropped in a full size cube for him to graze on (about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch) and he ate about a 1/3 of it. Lots of little green poopies in the tank. :)

Speaking of gel food, I dropped a similarly sized cube in the 75 gallon with the other three to graze on. I told my boyfriend to take it out when he got home shortly after (I leave for work about 15 minutes before he gets home)...and he forgot. And they ate ALL of it. :krazy: Batman seems fine, but my comet and ranchu have QUITE the bellies on them right now. It was their first time actually grazing on the cube, and I wasn't sure how small to cut things (I don't have the patience Alex does with his petite little cubes) and was going to use how much they ate today as a judge but....oh well. I'll probably cut that all in half. Should be a good amount I think. suggestions? And, other than cutting it smaller and not feeding them for a day or two, is there anything I should do for these guys?

They should be fine :rofl

How big of a chunk did you drop in? For gel food, they should get around 1% of their body weights in the food daily, actually, but not in one sitting preferably.

In my defense, I HAVE to cut it into little cubes, so that everyone gets to eat. If I throw a big chunk in there, Jyushiro and a few others would finish it in one bite lol

1/2 inch by 1/2 inch...maybe 3/4 by 3/4 inch....they aren't all the same, so i don't really know, but roughly that. You should see their bellies!!! I think your cubes are great...just no way I could have the patience for that.

May be that same sized cube can still be fed in a single day, but through several meals? :)

I think your cubes are great...just no way I could have the patience for that.

I confess to a certain amount of OCD :rofl

Edit: Parameters look great, all things considered. You may need to up the WCs to something bigger tomorrow, especially now that he's eating with a hearty appetite :)

Hmm...maybe...wouldn't they get just as fat though?? I mean, it looks like Sammi is ready to bud a second Sammi off. I could probably do two maybe 3 feedings daily though.

I usually am too, especially with fish...but me and knives try to minimize contact...it's never good when we're together for very long, lol.

Yeah, I was thinking a 75% change tomorrow. I couldn't get all the floaties out today anyways.

Because goldfish lack a true stomach, they are very inefficient at digesting their foods. Most of it would go to waste, if fed in one sitting. Feeding the same amount in multiple sittings allow for more of the food to be utilized :)

Well it's all in there right now I think..... :rofl3

:lol:

There is no disputing that.

You'll be hunting for poop tomorrow :lol2

I feel like my life revolves around goldfish poop lately.....

Should this be any different? :rofl

Haha, very funny. :P

Here's a video of Bowser today. Blisters are a lot smaller.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1262.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii612%2FStarSapphire22%2F100_0574.mp4">

And here's a blurry picture of chubby, overfed Sully, just for giggles. Sorry, couldn't get one of Sammi-wammers.

100_0578.jpg

Bowser definitely is looking very well! Looks like he's back on his eating game, and is search for food constantly! :D

Sully looks good. That's about the way the tummy should be :rofl

And yeah, he's doing really good! :) I'm mostly just waiting for the blisters to go away, so I can see how bad he is underneath them, and for his tail to heal. I wish I was seeing such noticeable progress there. :/

Sully's chubbier than when I got him. He's not looking too bad, unless you get an above view....lol. Sammi though...I wish she would come out from the plants for a picture so you could see, but she's not having it. GOSH she looks fat right now.

Could you get a recent picture of the blisters? I'm interested in seeing how they look atm.

I tried but the water is really cloudy from the bloom and it's hard to get a clear shot...i tried to get a closeup in the vid, that's probably your best bet.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

So, no real updates yet...everything looks pretty much the same as yesterday. I hid some little chunks of gel food in the marbles and he's having fun hunting for those and scarfing them down. He has developed a favorite pooping spot, there's a little mountain waiting to be cleaned out tonight. Still alert and acting like normal. He didn't freak out as much when I turned the lights on today during feeding, so there's a start at least. That's about it.