Sign in to follow this  
StarSapphire22

Pearlscale injury...opinions appreciated!

I can't help with medications for bettas, since I've never medicated a betta my whole life :rofl

I believe that Metro-Meds have been used before at times, but I am not certain on this.

If I post pictures, can you guys tell me if I can move him back tonight/tomorrow morning? Betta is supposed to be here tomorrow afternoon. If he can go in there and Bowser is OK to leave, I'd like it ready for him. If not Bowser can chill for a bit longer. :) I just wanna know what space to prep for the little guy.

Post away :rofl

...shut up. :rofl

K. I'll take and post a video and some pictures. Hopefully it will all be up in 30-45 minutes.

Here's pictures, vid is still uploading:

100_0660.jpg

100_0661.jpg

100_0663.jpg

100_0664.jpg

100_0666.jpg

Finally found a setting on my camera that takes decent fish pictures. :o

It's not really blistery anymore...That flap of pearl that was hanging on is just fusing itself back onto him it looks like.

He looks really good!

Considering that he's just healing up, let's give him a few more days in the QT to finish the process! (Sorry, Mr. Betta!) :)

FINALLY.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1262.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii612%2FStarSapphire22%2F100_0652.mp4">

Ok. I'll prep the betta kit then...I don't have bleach...is there anything else I can use? Or should I just rinse it really really really well?

Bleach is best, but I can't stand it. I use HP.

If I post pictures, can you guys tell me if I can move him back tonight/tomorrow morning?

You have to ask :lol

Oh hes looking so much better hun :thumb:

The one blister that's been the biggest trouble MAY be coming back. I'm not entirely sure. It looks slightly more raised than yesterday. Hopefully it heals up again quickly.

His tail has been slit clean through now. I suspect it got caught on the plant. I've decided to keep him in qt until it heals, unless anyone objects. There's just too many things to snag a hole on in the main tank.

The top of his dorsal fin is red. I think this is from floating, possibly? I have ointment, but not cream. I may have vaseline laying around.... what should I do about it? It doesn't look like septicemia or anything, just irritated.

Jess, I would get the double antibiotic Neosporin cream, and apply it to Bowser where there are damages. I would like to try this a couple days, 3x/day. If it doesn't go away in a few, I think we should step up treatment. I don't like it when the probably lingers for too long.

Ok. We are running errands tomorrow, I will add it to the list. He's still at .3 salt with melafix. medikoi is here should I feed him that?

Not yet. You may need to, but let's wait for the cream. Glad you have it now though :)

Bowser is looking SO much better, Jess! Yay, Bowser! You'll be back to meet your friends in NO time. :clapping:

Yeah, his tail has already made just a little progress from last night....blister is about the same size, though, and his tail has gotten much redder. I can't find our vaseline, so I'll pick some of the neosporin up tomorrow when we run errands and apply it ASAP.

hun, when you say "redder" do you mean blood or natural colour? would you like to post a vid update?

Ah! When I said tail, I meant dorsal fin. OOPS. Sorry guys, I was half asleep when I wrote that lol.

Helen, it's just red from him floating and it being out of the water. The gel food isn't helping his floaties. :unsure: