Pearlscale injury...opinions appreciated!

I can't help with medications for bettas, since I've never medicated a betta my whole life :rofl

I believe that Metro-Meds have been used before at times, but I am not certain on this.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I post pictures, can you guys tell me if I can move him back tonight/tomorrow morning? Betta is supposed to be here tomorrow afternoon. If he can go in there and Bowser is OK to leave, I'd like it ready for him. If not Bowser can chill for a bit longer. :) I just wanna know what space to prep for the little guy.

FINALLY.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1262.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii612%2FStarSapphire22%2F100_0652.mp4">

• Admin

If I post pictures, can you guys tell me if I can move him back tonight/tomorrow morning?

You have to ask :lol

Oh hes looking so much better hun :thumb:

The one blister that's been the biggest trouble MAY be coming back. I'm not entirely sure. It looks slightly more raised than yesterday. Hopefully it heals up again quickly.

His tail has been slit clean through now. I suspect it got caught on the plant. I've decided to keep him in qt until it heals, unless anyone objects. There's just too many things to snag a hole on in the main tank.

The top of his dorsal fin is red. I think this is from floating, possibly? I have ointment, but not cream. I may have vaseline laying around.... what should I do about it? It doesn't look like septicemia or anything, just irritated.

Jess, I would get the double antibiotic Neosporin cream, and apply it to Bowser where there are damages. I would like to try this a couple days, 3x/day. If it doesn't go away in a few, I think we should step up treatment. I don't like it when the probably lingers for too long.

Yeah, his tail has already made just a little progress from last night....blister is about the same size, though, and his tail has gotten much redder. I can't find our vaseline, so I'll pick some of the neosporin up tomorrow when we run errands and apply it ASAP.