Sign in to follow this  
Moor

DIY Python Water Changer

I was planning out my DIY python water changer when I realised it required something called "venturi" could somebody please explain this to me?

i just googled venturi.. the water change "chamber" thingy looks complicated to me. i am trying to order the actual python changer from America. if they write back or call me back, do you want to take the opportunity to buy with me and save on post? just a thought.

or, i have a spare aftermarket python changer that i purchased a couple for parts in case my python broke.. which it did today.. it appears the spare parts for that one do not accurately fit the python. my problem with using the after market one is the components won't fit any of my faucets.

i supplied one to member Narny105 in queensland (the after market one) and he's successfully using it. let me know if you want that one, it's still brand new in it's packet.

If you were to order it from America you would still have to ship it to me although depending on your location I may be interested.

This is probably not helpful, but I will offer it up just in case.

I just bought this from Amazon and assembled the rest of the water changer (mostly just a long hose) myself. This is probably close to what Helen is talking about with the "after market" version, but I wanted to point out that this is available for sale here and so there's a small chance you may be able to get it. My whole water changer was MUCH cheaper this way. One thing I like about it is that the part that actually screws onto the sink is metal, which seems much more durable to me than plastic.

Hey Stakos, if you could upload I picture of your 'knock off' python, seems interesting, how much would you charge for it?

sure, i can get a pic up today sometime. the product with shipping to me from USA and to you.. the whole thing will cost you $25 and i will be happy to provide bank details on a private email in exchange for your postal details. this does not include tubing or attachments to the tubing/hose that you will need to buy at a hardware store or at a fish shop..

Narny105 was supplied the same from me. i will get him to post with what he used to make it work should you decide to buy it.

I don't know where you are trying to order the python, Helen, but this company http://search.aquati...Dk=0&Ntt=python has them and ships internationally.

:o :o your guys are cheaper.. lol.. alex sent me a link for another site to which i ordered some. thank you just the same hun, i appreciate the info and will save it to my favourites.

the one i am offering Moor, i have already received and know it won't suit. i purchased 3 units back then, one i offsold to Narny105, the other i used for parts that suited the Python Products brand and now that i need that little screw thing at the top, i realize that it won't suit my faucets like the actual Python Products brand one will.

anyhow.. Moor, here is a pic of the gravel vac pump i can offer you that is untouched and still in blister package:

5e210aea.jpg

Looks great, I wonder if it'll fit though

Also I found that same product for under $10 dollars online.

Edited by Moor