Not growing?

Drowsy

I am hoping this is the right topic...

So I have had my little Ryukin Beau for three months now, he is the four goldfish I ever bought.

I've noticed marked growth in the other three I got just before him, but none in him.

It's not failure to thrice, because he's doing really well! He eats, he is nice and fat, very active, no issues at all.

I note his fins are at least the length of his body and I heard that could be a sign of a stunted fish.

could he be stunted from being at the pet store like he was? I know he has had the room to grow and flourish since I got him, as all the others are doing.

Is it possible he is a just slower, or do I have myself an itty bitty ryukin?

He's about an inch long in body.

I won't complain either way, as long as he's a happy little dude I am perfectly happy, too. xD

Give him time.

My calico ryukin stayed pretty much the same size for nearly a year, and it's only in the last half year that he just had a growth spurt. Even then, I would still say that it's a slow growth.

Just like with humans, there is quite a bit of variation in growth rates and/or how much they will grow that is determined by genetic and environmental factors. As long as you are making sure he is getting food and good care, he is doing fine! :)

Having said that, for goldfish, if you want them to be on a good growth curve, they will need to eat about 1-2% of their body weights daily.

Oh he has NO problem being fed, I'll tell you that much.

And I do the juggling act of giving them their veggies and some good protein for the little ryukins, too.

It's good to know he might still grow! I'd feel bad seeing everyone grow up big around him. Thanks so much. <3

I recently moved my slow grower Cupid (red and white Oranda) into the 29 high with the baby teles and he's getting a nice round Oranda belly on him finally :) They get an extra feed everyday so i think that has made a big difference ;) hope this helps :)