Sign in to follow this  
Raivynn

New Life Spectrum food

I found this food for "all types of small fancy goldfish," and I wondered if anyone had tried it. I spent $10 on a 5.3oz jar -- a bit expensive, but as I was reading the ingredient list, I think I like it more than my Omega One!! It boasts whole krill and whole herring meal as the first two ingredients. The it lists whole wheat flour and algae meal! These are itty bitty sinking pellets, so I hope Hans and Franz figure them out pretty quick! :D

But, has anyone else had any experience with this food? Good/bad/neutral?

They aren't too bad. They are a little hard, though, so you may need to soak it first for about 15-20 seconds.

:no: i tried the spirilum one and the therma with added garlic....

pellets were tiny,hard, floaty and my :goldfish: spat them out.....................

the jars are breakeable plastic, and allows sunlight in...........

not for us.......................................

:badidea

They're pretty much the best thing that's sold in stores, but you have better options online with stuff like progold and Repashy's gel foods. Sadly I'm stuck with Aqueon pellets for a while, but my fish seem to be fine on them.

Just soak them in a glass of tank water for about a minute.

Edited by Evening

I keep a jar of nls around and feed it occasionally. The ingredients are good and my fish really like it :)

I love this stuff and use it for my Betta's and as a extra for feeding my goldfish babies I found it when i was raising my gf fry and have been using it since ;)

Awesome. When I read the label, I was like, "this sounds really good" -- and the pellets are small enough that I can feed it to Hans and Franz Jr whose little bodies are probably about the size of a nickel. I will definitely soak it first, and I also have some frozen food left, too, that I can feed them as a treat. :) I am giving them a day fasting today because of their move into the 20 gallon long.

I feed this a while back before I switched to progold. My fish loved it and it was the first time I noticed any real growth :) that is expensive :o my petco sells it for 4.99.

I feed this a while back before I switched to progold. My fish loved it and it was the first time I noticed any real growth :) that is expensive :o my petco sells it for 4.99.

Seriously? At mine it's like ten bucks.

Seriously? At mine it's like ten bucks.

Eek.....now i don't like it even more, paid $16 online for it

My guys love their NLS. They go crazy for it! I feed all my fish NLS, and it's all I'll ever use until I need to start buying mass amounts of food for my pond lol Even then, I'll still use it for my other fish, and as an accational treat for he goldies. :)

Oh and none of my fish have any troubles with them, except my Least Killies, who are smaller than Neon Tetras. They have to have their food powdered. They are more on the crunchy side though, than other brands, yeah.

Edited by Akari_32