Pond fish queries

Hi,

Just got back from holiday a few days ago, to find my pond filter had stopped working. This meant that the water has now gone 'pea soup' green. Previously, I had heard that this is very healthy for the fish despite being an eye-sore.

I fed the fish and checked them all as they gradually came up from the murky depths. All were fine, except for my black moor, she now has a white film over one eye so I caught her in a net and also found that she has either lost some scales on either side of his belly or they have turned white. With the water being so murky it's hard to tell weather it was cotton wool like fungus or not.

I have a spare quarantine tank, so was thinking about catching her, bringing her indoors and treating her. If anyone could advise me on how to attempt to go about treating her, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Supporter

welcome back :)

i think qt until we work out what could possibly be wrong is a fantastic idea.

if you can post the answers to the questions above to reflect on the ponds water params and set up, that would be fantastic. please also provide photos of the concerned area so that we can see what the problem may be.

welcome back :)

i think qt until we work out what could possibly be wrong is a fantastic idea.

if you can post the answers to the questions above to reflect on the ponds water params and set up, that would be fantastic. please also provide photos of the concerned area so that we can see what the problem may be.

I'll try and catch her tomorrow and get you updated on photos and details.