Two New Fish :)

Jolly

Hi. :) I just bought two brand new goldfish tonight and I want to make sure I know what kind they are. The black one is a Black Moor, but the golden colored one was in a tank with orandas. I think it is a fantail. I will try to upload a better video soon, but I was excited. :) Any help identifying would be appreciated!

Thanks! I am very excited. I still miss Pucca but these two have already captured my heart. <3 I hope they get along well. The lady at PetSmart seemed to think they would but I don't always know if they are right. The gold one looks like she was dipped in ink or something. Still deciding on names. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

• Supporter

aaww :heart i know exactly what you mean :)

don't have your heart set on the gold one keeping the black though, they often lose that colour first. as this fish is so young, it's bound to go through a few colour changes (perhaps even the moor), it might not even stay orange :yikes but personality often wins and you will stay in love with it for its derpiness just the same :rofl

Oh gosh,that tele is just adorable,with it's cute little stumpy tail. <3

I hope he stays black for you. My tele was a spud and made me think he was a moor. Now his belly is starting to go bronze on me.

Thanks everyone! I am ok if their color changes I think...the moor already has some light on his/her belly. Any chance any of you know whether they are boys/girls? My guess is they are a bit small to tell, but it would help with naming. :) I love "derpiness"...its amazing how each fish has their own personality already! :) Its the perfect word to describe it.

Thank you! Can I have some tips on what I should do with them? I didn't know if I should start a new thread in Diagnosis or just ask here. :) Should I prazi/salt them at all? Want to make sure we do everything right this time. :)

Yes, I think you should salt and Prazi them. Start a new thread in D&D, or Goldfish Discussion, since they aren't sick, and you just want to discuss QT procedures. Leave this thread for people to admire them. Please add more pics and/or a video! :)

I will start quarantine tonight after work. :)

We definitely need suggestions for names...can't decide. Let me know what you think. I'll try to post a new/clearer video of them soon. :)

CONGRATS on the new fish, I too have a moor and a fantail, and they get along very well. :D Start them off right and do the QT as Alex suggests. :) I would name them if it we me, knowing what I do now, something that would be male or female, saves time in the end............. :rofl

Here is a slightly better video. :)

Prazi and salt are in. They seem to be doing ok so far. :) We are thinking about maybe Inky and Clyde, Mac and Cheese (not sure how I feel about the cheese part-lol), or Tessla and something....any thoughts? :)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/179194_3756617986841_744852382_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/406299_3757011516679_1475420462_n.jpg

A couple of updated photos. :) We are still trying to name them...have it narrowed down to Atlas and P-body (from Portal 2)...or Inky and Clyde. What do you think?

They are too cute! :)

I was wondering for sec, why did she include a pic of that ornament? Where's Waldo? Then I saw! :rofl

I know! Half the time I can't find her at all. She blends in too well. :)

Congratulations! They're adorable :wub:

Personally, I would go with Inky and Clyde :)

Thanks for the suggestion...I think we may have gone with Atlas and P-body but I'm not sure yet. I definitely want their names to match their personalities. :)

The orange one looks like a fantail mix!

Mixes are wonderful, they have great personalitys and are super cute!

I
:heart
your moor.

What is a fantail mix? I've never heard of that.
:)
The orange one (Atlas) is very spunky...super energetic. The moor (P-body) hides a lot more but is adorable too.
:)

A fantail mix is what they describe a fish that has mostly fantail qualities but not enough to be considered a true fantail that will breed true to form. Most store bought fish are a mix of many different breeds where as getting a fish from a breeder increases your changes of getting a fish that fits show quality standards better :)

A fantail mix is what they describe a fish that has mostly fantail qualities but not enough to be considered a true fantail that will breed true to form. Most store bought fish are a mix of many different breeds where as getting a fish from a breeder increases your changes of getting a fish that fits show quality standards better :)

Cool. :) I didn't know. She does look a bit different than other fantails I had seen. Thanks. :)