Sign in to follow this  
ermidontknow

White Spots On My New Black Moors Fins And Gills

38621362.jpg

160_6012.jpg

i bought a huge black moor yesterday and he seemed to be adjusting to the tank well, but then today i notice these white dots on his gills and one or two lines of them on his fins(as indicated by the red circles Lol), they arent anywhere else on him, and there are no dots on any of the other fish. is this ich ? or something else? or just normal? :huh: any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Youve got yourself a boy :D

Those are breeding tubercules which means that its a male fish... sometimes people confuse them with ich, but when its only along the pectoral fins and gills then its almost always breeding tubercules. Cute goldie btw :)

My Blackie, whom is a daddy by the way, only has them on his fins, I've not noticed any on his gill covers.

Are the breeding stars on your Moor actually white, or are they sort of black? They look white in the picture. I'm just trying to figure out why my Blackie does not have any!

My Moor has white ones on his fin, but he has a few raised black spots on his gills, I wonder if those could be breeding stars?

Soooo does your Moor have a lady goldfish friend? heeheehee. :lol

Jessica

the spots on his fins are really white, but the ones on one of his gill covers are a little more of a muted white/gray on one of them, and the other theyre barely noticable/more black ish

and i just bought a female crowned pearlscale today Lol i initially bought the pearscale because its orange and black and has a mustache Lol i love those type of goldies, and i was planning on naming it mr. mustache man, until i realized it was not a mr. :lol: oh well. lol and i have 2 very tiny black moors in the tank also, but they wont stop zipping around long enough to be able to tell what gender they are Lol