A short video of my 20 gallon guppy tank

What kind of music are you playing by that tank anyway? Marvin Gaye? Barry White? Hee hee!

It's like a guppy metropolis in there! I love it!

wow~~~wtg on the guppy babies !!!............your tank looks esp. nice...........I have a 10 gallon tank that I have designated to the lamp eye tetras that I have............I like it, looks natural...........we got six lamp eye tetras a week ago and have NOT lost a one, saddly the betta I had did not make it =( so I have given up on having a betta for now and just have red eye tetras !(going with what works)............. :teehee. You should be proud of that tank.........you got some HAPPY fisheys there......... :thumb:

thanks! i plan on saving a male or two and a few females from these babies once they grow up and then selling the rest or exghancing them for supplys at the pet shop.

i used to have like 10 tanks of guppies i was breeding, but it became so over=welming i gave my favorites to my bf then sold the rest, but from the ones i gave him he had babies and his tank was getting over-crowded an i missed having the guppies so i took 2 females and 2 males so these adults where off-spring from my old guppies!

and guppies can have about 50 fry per litter every month (yup they will give birth every month like clock work ) but normally your more likely to get between 25-30 babies per batch depending on the females age, the older she is the less babies you will get. also take into consideration that most females WILL snack on there young, the reason these females are not is because they live with the fry long enough its like they get sick of eating them (seriously they wont even bother) i had a 20 gallon long with all my pre-hit females and my males i quite taking the females out to have babies and let them have them righti n the tank well after a month ( i had 8 females in that tank) and eight batches later no female was touching the fry so i ended up having to fish out over a hundred babies.