Sign in to follow this  
Danny250183

USING HA6 SILICONE SEALANT WITH FISH IN TANK

Hi all,

Need some advice, the hood on my Juwel Vision 450 is leaking.

on inspection i have found the original silicon that fixers the hood to the tank has given up :no: , i have brought some HA6 aquarium sealant to re-seal the hood of e-bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280817924411?var=580069426267&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1392wt_919

• What i would like to know if i can re-seal the hood to the tank with the fish still in. There is about 2" from the water surface to where the silicon will be ?
  • Has Anyone used the HA6 sealant before, and got any experiences to share ?

Help Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

133681884.jpg

My experience using silicone with water in is that it doesn't set properly. Since you don't want to have to do it twice, I would empty and have it completely dry and then you have to wait (follow manufactureres time scale) for it to dry. Fill it up and leak test it and pray you don't have to do it again.

Yeah - from what little I know about silicone, the humidity from being over the tank might cause problems with it setting. Could you find something else to cover the tank with in the meantime while you reseal the hood? :)

Thanks for the reply's, it's a coldwater tank will condensation still be a problem?

Also the hood needs to be sealed to the tank

it is a good sealant and i would follow advice from the members above to use it whilst the tank is empty to enable it to properly dry the first time around.