Sign in to follow this  
Sharkbait3

Reapshy ordered

I just ordered some Repashy for my goldies...............thanks for the offer to send me some Alex....but went ahead and ordered some.................(I know, impatient)!! Hurray for me !................lol

But I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the offer, that was so nice of you !!

Which did you order? I really want to order the trial mix.

I ordered the 3pack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,community plus for our tropical community tank..............meat pie for the convicts and bottom feeders and for the goldfish.....................soilent green !!!

Yea I wanted to try the meat pie for the turtles! And maybe the betta fish.

Thank you alex and sharkbait for bringing it to our attention :goodpost

(.....runs off to make it.....)

The expirey dates on the packets are til 2014, so a good 2 yrs......

You're welcome! I hope you like it. :)

I still love it. I'm almost done with the last batch I made. When that's done, I'll be making another one and putting up pics and a review! :)

I bought it in particular for the oldest fish in mind, and he LOVES it......

All the rest LOVES it too.....

They had 2nd, and 3rd helping..........more more they say......

So easy peasy to make.......i use the kettle boiled water....no need for microwave nor stove ( less things to wash afterwards)

Ratio 2-3:1

I'm not gonna refrig/freeze the leftovers (too cold for their digestive systems).....just make as and when needed....takes seconds

smells like my morning protein powder shake or a green shot from jamba juice.....it smells so green and fresh with traces of fishyness.....

placed order with OH to get me the biggest bag when he next goes on work visit.

This ones a WINNER.................(expensive but worth it)

Charlie has his mouth open, He wants to try it... :lol3

Next week! Samples are due to arrive on Friday, so I'll turn it around as fast as I can :D

Next week! Samples are due to arrive on Friday, so I'll turn it around as fast as I can :D

Oh good... :) Cause he going to start to eat all the plants :rofl3

Charlie wants tacos!!!!!!!!!!

Tacos gives him gas ! :tomuch:

I'm always interested in trying new foods for my fish. Where can I get this stuff?

I'm always interested in trying new foods for my fish. Where can I get this stuff?

Stay tuned. :)

I am interested as well, I believe in variety to keep foods interesting for all my pets.... except I think my goldfish would eat anything. :)

I am interested as well, I believe in variety to keep foods interesting for all my pets.... except I think my goldfish would eat anything. :)

I bought a huge 4 pound bag, so I am happy to share some with people at cost + shipping. I should have a review up in the next couple of days so you can see for yourself :)

Can't wait to see updates on this. I still want to try some.

I made the Soilent Green a few days ago and my babies def like it! And I like it b/c it does set up nicely-unlike the prob I was having w/ agar!

I made the Soilent Green a few days ago and my babies def like it! And I like it b/c it does set up nicely-unlike the prob I was having w/ agar!

Yup. It's the easiest gel food I've ever made. I'm going to try to do 1 part powder to 2 parts water next time to see if that messes it up.

Yup. It's the easiest gel food I've ever made. I'm going to try to do 1 part powder to 2 parts water next time to see if that messes it up.

Are you trying to firm it up a bit? I will look forward to hearing how that works out. Shouldn't be a problem since you can 're-melt' it and add more water should it not work.

Haha. No. I'm not trying to make it more firm. I like the consistency of the 1:3 mix, especially because it doesn't break up in the water at all. I'm trying to add less water so that there's more nutrient content in the food, because I would like to feed my smaller fish this stuff as a staple as well. I was actually afraid it might be too firm, but I don't think that's a real concern.

In any case, as you said, you can melt it again and add more water, so it's not really a problem. I just have to try it.

I have been curious about this gel food ever since I saw it in my local lfs. The staff was holding a glass tupperware container and dropping green gels in each of the tanks. The fish absolutely go bonkers over them and it does not cloud the water! So I asked him what it was, and he said repashy and that it's what they feed all their tropicals at the store.

He recommended the shrimp one for my goldfish but I decided to do some research first before buying it.

So far, most online fish community I've read about raved about this product. I am curious to hear what you kokonuts think.

Finnage, I talked to Allen Repashy about this, and the food has been tested and used mainly on non-goldfish. He too is very interested in how the goldfish community thinks about this. A number of us are going to be testing some of his products, and will have input in the coming weeks.

I've actually been using the soilent green, which I think is the perfect mix for goldies, actually. I'll be posting a review by tomorrow :)

Thats the same Ratio for the Gecko food :)

Oh, thanks Koko. :)

I'm going to do that ratio today. I've been doing 1:3 as instructed, but want to try something different.

Btw, samples are due to arrive tomorrow :)