Sign in to follow this  
GoldfishGraycee

The little surprises in life.

I was at a friends house a few days ago when she teasingly asked me about my fish. Her sister overheard the conversation, turns to me and says;

"You have goldfish? Do you want mine? I've been waiting for it to die."

Of course i was appalled at the statement and after some thought, decided i couldn't leave the poor little fish with her. So, without further ado, here is little miss Loosi. (Are you guys noticing the horse theme yet?! Pinto, Percy [percheron] and Loosi [appaloosa].)

DSCN2230.jpg

DSCN2234.jpg

She was in a dirty 5 gallon tank with a tiny little pleco and a few neon tetras. The sister told me the pleco would sometimes "ride on her" and thought it was cute. She isn't in terrible shape, but she has some ragged fins, is a bit under weight and looks as though she may be a little stunted. What do you guys think? Will these heal?

DSCN2233.jpg

DSCN2254-1.jpg

I decided it would be best to only have 2 since i won't be getting the tank upgrade any time soon and took Percy back to the store. They're fish always look really good and they always ask about tank size and whether i've had goldfish before, so I am pretty confident he will find another good home. Here is the happy new couple. Loosi wasn't sure what to do at first when i let her loose in the tank. She moved a few inches... then a little more... and a little more... and then she started swimming up and down and around. I'm sure i'm personifying her, but it really did look as though she was frolicking joyfully at all the new space!

DSCN2241.jpg

DSCN2245.jpg

DSCN2249.jpg

DSCN2252.jpg

I would have taken more, but Pinto was pretty convinced he needed to be 'paid' for being a model for me. ;)

Edited by Graycee

Congrats..........I would of took her too Graycee, she is beautiful !!....and you will be surprised how good she will look after several months of clean and regular water changes !!.............................WTG... :clapping:

Awww! What amazing timing! Gorgeous fish :heart :heart

That's what I thought! What are the odds that her sister would be over and we would be talking about that? Thank you very much. I think they make quite the stunning pair. :P

Congrats..........I would of took her too Graycee, she is beautiful !!....and you will be surprised how good she will look after several months of clean and regular water changes !!.............................WTG... :clapping:

Thanks Sharkbait!! :D I am excited to see her fatten up and become nice and healthy! I feel like I definitely made the right decision. :)

Wow! What a gorgeous fantail, and they match! :D

I would have taken her, too. The gall of that girl to tell you that she's waiting for her fish to die. I hope no one will ever be telling people that they are waiting for her to die, so that they can move on to some other business in life. :/

In any case, she looks remarkably healthy, and is a testament to how hard goldfish can be. I'm sure she will thrive in your excellent care.

I can't wait to see them both some years down the road when they are huge happy fish! :)

Aw,bless you for taking her :heart Thank God you came along when you did ,for poor Loosi's fate was sealed :rip: But now she's a :newfish in a happy home,with a mom so happy to have her :heart Swwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmm,Loosi!

What a little cutie. I love your tank decor. What are the balls on the bottom,they look like clear maltesers! :D

Awww that is sooo sweet <3 I am happy she has you :D They are just too stunning and I LOVE the name and your horse head in the Tank lol ;)

Omg, they look so good together! Congrats on Loosi. I'll bet that she does great in your care. :heart

Btw, I love your tank!

Wow, -sigh- poor thing. Well it's in good hands now~! The fins will heal, don't worry, and I'm sure she'll look lovely in a couple weeks of good care. :D:heart

So wonderful that fate has placed this beauty into your care! No time at all and it will be healed and even more happy than it already is!!!

She's lucky you were there. Poor thing, but she has a great home now. She is adorable too!

Congrats! And well done for taking the fish, it's very kind of you! She is very pretty :D

What a pretty fish...and looks pretty darn good considering. Did you do any sort of QT? I would consider treating with prazi and salt just to be safe. The salt will help those fins heal as well.

Wow! What a gorgeous fantail, and they match! :D

I would have taken her, too. The gall of that girl to tell you that she's waiting for her fish to die. I hope no one will ever be telling people that they are waiting for her to die, so that they can move on to some other business in life. :/

In any case, she looks remarkably healthy, and is a testament to how hard goldfish can be. I'm sure she will thrive in your excellent care.

I can't wait to see them both some years down the road when they are huge happy fish! :)

I know! She heard me talking, she obviously knew I cared about my fish. To me it's the same as someone saying they were waiting for their puppy to die. I had to hold back my ambivalence. I was pleasantly surprised with how well she looks, too. I was expecting something horrible. :( Thank you for your kind words! I hope I can give them a happy, healthy, long life! :heart

Aw,bless you for taking her :heart Thank God you came along when you did ,for poor Loosi's fate was sealed :rip: But now she's a :newfish in a happy home,with a mom so happy to have her :heart Swwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmm,Loosi!

Thank you! :D

What a little cutie. I love your tank decor. What are the balls on the bottom,they look like clear maltesers! :D

Thank you so much! I had to look up what Maltesers were. :rofl They are just little clear marbles i found at a craft store and thought they looked like little bubbles. :P

Awww that is sooo sweet <3 I am happy she has you :D They are just too stunning and I LOVE the name and your horse head in the Tank lol ;)

Thank you! :D I thought the other horses enthusiasts on here might get a kick out of it. :P

Omg, they look so good together! Congrats on Loosi. I'll bet that she does great in your care. :heart

Btw, I love your tank!

Thank you so much! I feel as though it was meant to be. Pinto seems to love her very much! The tank went through a few transformations before i was truly happy with it, so I'm glad others like it as well! :D

Wow, -sigh- poor thing. Well it's in good hands now~! The fins will heal, don't worry, and I'm sure she'll look lovely in a couple weeks of good care. :D:heart

So wonderful that fate has placed this beauty into your care! No time at all and it will be healed and even more happy than it already is!!!

She's lucky you were there. Poor thing, but she has a great home now. She is adorable too!

Congrats! And well done for taking the fish, it's very kind of you! She is very pretty :D

Oh, thank you!! It's so difficult... I had the hardest time not expressing how much i felt like she didn't deserve to have such a beautiful little fish. :doh

What a pretty fish...and looks pretty darn good considering. Did you do any sort of QT? I would consider treating with prazi and salt just to be safe. The salt will help those fins heal as well.

Thank you! Pinto was only on his 2nd week of quarantine, so I figured they could go through it together. I will do 6 weeks so that way she gets the minimum 4, and will of course do more if needed. She just started bottom sitting with clamped fins occasionally today (added Prazi+salt yesterday), but no white poop or spitting out of food from either of them and they're still active more than lethargic so I am hoping it will all go smoothly. :)

Pinto seems to love her already. :wub: Hopefully he won't mind when she gains a little weight. ;)

DSCN2261.jpg

DSCN2262.jpg

DSCN2280.jpg

Oh! She's lovely! Gosh, her coloring is phenomenal considering her less than ideal conditions. Congrats and it was good of you to take her! :)

What a beautiful addition! The fins will heal up in no time. I am not too sure about stunting, the fish seems considerably proportional compared to really badly stunted fish I have seen.

Congrats on the newbie! :D

Aww she's very cute, it's a good thing you did by rescuing her, and I love the naming themes. Well done ^_^

Oh! She's lovely! Gosh, her coloring is phenomenal considering her less than ideal conditions. Congrats and it was good of you to take her! :)

The more people mention it the more i realize how much worse it really could have been. :( I am glad she will never have to worry about that again!

Awesome pics!

Thank you very much!

What a beautiful addition! The fins will heal up in no time. I am not too sure about stunting, the fish seems considerably proportional compared to really badly stunted fish I have seen.

Congrats on the newbie! :D

Does she?! Good!! :D I wasn't sure if she would be or not, but her long, long fins compared to Pinto and she has bigger eyes made me questions it. Thank you, I am so happy i got her. :)

Aww she's very cute, it's a good thing you did by rescuing her, and I love the naming themes. Well done ^_^

Thank you very much! I had a lot of fun picking breeds and shortening them to names. :)

These two are lovely and compliment each other so well color wise!

They are, aren't they? I would have taken her no matter what she looked like, but it was a great surprise when they happen to match! I hope they will make some beautiful little babies some day! :heart

well, i think they've become soul mates.. what a fortunate happening this fish stumbled accross. congratulations on your new fish :heart