Sign in to follow this  
egregious

90gallon goldfish tank update! (and 37 tropcal and 55 saltwater and pond)

Hi, been a while. Here ya go!

The cypress awesome looking driftwood was a failed experiment because after 6 months it still floated. It was replaced with malaysian driftwood from petsolutions.com which has been awesome for both the 90 and the 37! java fern loves this wood, and so do the albino BN plecos =)

The pics of the goldfish look like they don't have eyes, i assure you they all have 2 eyes each, it was just the camera flash being weird^

The calico ryukin had a swim bladder problem where he couldn't balance himself. he'd point down to get food and kind of roll around. he passed away in the night sadly about a week ago. the other 6 goldies are doing great and i'll get them another friend in the next couple weeks.

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

And for those interested, here's the 37gallon community (mostly tetra) tank. Danios were boring and skiddish and didn't shcool well, I found them a new home and now I have 8 black skirt tetras and 8 bloodfin tetras. They are awesome! 3 corycats, 2 bn plecos are the cleanup crew. and the african dwarf frog is hillarious when the lights go out.

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

And for those interested, here's my saltwater tank so far! (55gal)

IMG_0658.jpg

I forgot to take pictures of them but I got 2 new koi to add to the pond, one is white and one is black. all the rest of the fish in there are red, so it's a nice contrast and i can finally give a few of them names =) 1100gallon pond that is about 2 feet deep.

oh and i also started a container garden, it's related because i plan to feed goldfish some organic freshly grown veggies eventually!

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

Ah, I love black skirt tetras! <3

They're like little piranhas with personality. And they school so nicely. Nipping was never a problem for me, any issues so far?

I'm sorry to hear about your ryukin, :c

But your other guys are looking really good, at least. It's a lovely tank.

Nice job! Everyone is looking really good! :)

You have some really lovely tanks :)

Ah, I love black skirt tetras! <3 They're like little piranhas with personality. And they school so nicely. Nipping was never a problem for me, any issues so far? I'm sorry to hear about your ryukin, :c But your other guys are looking really good, at least. It's a lovely tank.

no problems so far. and thanks =)

Nice job! Everyone is looking really good! :)

ty!

You have some really lovely tanks :)

thanks^

Very nice tanks :thumb:

Have you figured what you want in the salt water tank?

Very nice tanks :thumb:

Have you figured what you want in the salt water tank?

thanks =) going for a mix of live rock, corals, and fish. still learning stuff, but the only corals i think i can do are LPS and zoanthids. still learning about fish too but i want 1 "show fish" that gets 6" or so that is friendly, possibly a Tang fish... and 4-5 smaller fish... and 2-3 shrimp/similar type things!

Your tanks and fish look great. I will be upgrading my Goldie's from a 55gal to a 990 gal on Wednesday . I'm so excited!

Your tanks look beautiful and I can't believe how well your garden is growing! I am quite jealous since the weeds in my garden are higher than my tomato plants :lol

very nice!! :D I have a garden for the buns and fishies too! :rofl:D

Your tanks and fish look great. I will be upgrading my Goldie's from a 55gal to a 990 gal on Wednesday . I'm so excited!

bravo.............I want to see pics when you have them !!............... :clapping:

Your garden looks amazing...so cool! Loving your tanks as well.

very nice looks like a lot of work

i just do 80% water changes once a week and feed once a day. twice a day if i'm doing a water change soon =)

saltwater is zero maintenance so far (it's cycling) but supposedly since the live rock absorb nitrate and turn it into nitrogen gas, 10% monthly water change and daily feedings are all that is necessary!

Nice, you should turn the 90 gallon into the salt.

would be cool, but where would my goldies live =) have 6 and a big BN pleco and plan to have 2 more. i'd need another tank haha... i already plan to get a 220+gal tank for oscars, silver dollars, and tinfoil barbs after i buy my house next year. gonna limit myself to these tanks till then =)

Your garden looks amazing...so cool! Loving your tanks as well.

thanks =)

your tanks are all looking great!!thanks for the update:)