• * Ammonia Level - 0
  • * Nitrite Level - 0
  • * Nitrate level - >0.1
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) - 7
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) - 7
    Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Liquid test kit
  • * Water temperature? 23C
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 UK Gallons, it has been running 8 months
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Fluval U4 and Biopro BF-2200
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? Weekly 20 -25%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today, 25%

• * How many fish in the tank and their size? 6 x 3" 1 x 2"
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Tapsafe and Aqualibrium salts 0.1%
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Tetra Goldfish Gold Japan
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? 2 Weather loach about 3 weeks ago someone bought me
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Interpet #9 added about a month ago due to internal bacterial infection but it cleared up.
  • * List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) Internal bacterial infection
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Interpet #9 for a weeks course
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Just this white lump
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? No different from normal, swimming happily and eating but the lump only came up today.

Hello, I noticed today on one of my Orandas, Pebbles, that this white lump has come up on his (I'm guessing he is a he I don't know for sure) left side. It wasn't there last night. It looks like the size of one of the stones we have in the tank. After searching on this forum I couldn't find anything that looked the same so I thought I'd ask for help.

It looks as if it's solid, Pebbles is still being his normal self and he was the first to go for food when I fed them earlier which he normally is, he's quite greedy.

I've attached some pictures below, please have a look and see what you think.

Thanks in advance.

Pebbleslump3.jpgPebbleslump2.jpgPebbleslump1.jpg

Edited by HondaLad1987

Hello. It looks to me like it's some sort of non-infectious growth. Could you try to zoom in to the actual growth itself for pics? Do you see red in it, or blood vessels? Or is it more a waxy white nodule?

Hi, thanks for replying so quickly. I'm finding it hard to zoom in on it but I'll have another go. It has a few blood vessels in it but it's mostly white.

It looks like it's pushing up through his scales instead of just growing on the side of him.

I tried to edit the above post but it says I don't have permission for some reason.

Anyway, here is the best I could do but you still can't really see the tiny blood vessels in it.

Pebbleslump4.png

Hello,

There isn't much that can or should be done about it now. I'm not convinced that it's a bacterial cyst, so there isn't really any sort of reliable treatment. I would suggest keeping an eye on it. If you like you can get some acriflavine and dab the bump and the area immediately surrounding it.

If it does burst, then we can raise the salinity in the tank to help prevent secondary infections.

I do think that you are a tad overstocked, and with that level of stocking, larger and more frequent water changes are needed.

The white lump burst so I added some salt into the water and it has all cleared up now and Pebbles is back to his happy self again. :)

Thanks again for your help.

I'm glad things worked out well :)