I got a new one, whoops!

So I got this fun fish at my LFS. I was just getting a new tank light bulb when I thought "I want to look at the goldfish for fun!" :doh11: Why I thought I could just get away with that I don't know. Anyway the tank was labeled butterfly telescopes and this one has the longest fins and was the friendliest. I have to apologize to her though...I woke her up for this video because I was so excited to share her! So she is more skittish than she usually is. She is also in her 10g quarantine tank with .1% salt and prazipro. Also, does it look like she might have a wen? :blink:

Oh that would be so cool! I didn't notice the possible wen until she was in the QT tank later tonight. It is very small but looks to be there, or she has a lumpy deformed head LOL :rofl either way I LOVE her! I only assume female because there were no breeding stars present and the other tank mates at the LFS had breeding stars showing.

• Supporter

how cute is she :heart

that behaviour is a little more skittish than what we would like to see, i would consider turning all the lights off and just leave the room lights on, if she doesn't settle in a few days, up the prazi dose and see if that makes a difference to her.

• Admin

What a gorgeous fish!

She might be a dragoneyed oranda, actually! :)

:bingo:

That was the first thing to hit me... That is just stunning fish. Awesome find :thumb:

She is gorgeous! We don't have any good LFS around here, only petsmart and their goldies almost never look healthy. Not like I need any more fish anyway, but I always go look...

She really is a pretty little thing! How lucky to have been able to find a dragon-eyed oranda with such lovely fins. I hope your QT is uneventful :)

Thanks Everyone! :) She is much happier today, I will post another vid later. I had come home from work and turned the lights on on her in that video so she was not happy about that. No signs of ick popping up and she has a healthy appetite. Also not sure if anyone saw but she has splits throughout her tail, but when I looked this morning they were already rapidly healing so I think it will heal all the way! I saw the thread earlier about tail splits being caused by parasites? I figure since she is going through the prazi rounds and in .1% salt she will be fine. No red streaks or anything in her fins either.

I get her from Reef Connections in Chico, CA. They are my favorite fish store. Small but they have a goldfish fan who works there so they get some cool goldies in. One of the employees has at least 300 gallons in goldfish tanks at his house.

Edited by ahardeay

Ya no problem, call ahead for goldies because they have a following and run out fast. They get deliveries on wednesday. I got almost all my fish from there. The stock of goldfish is random but good. For example right now they only have ranchus :) and the teles. Earlier in the year they only had tiny oranda and fantails. They also have some for $60 that are awesome but they are in the back and you have to ask about them to see them.

Here is the black ranchu I got from there a couple months back. The tank is different now and she is in my 55 gal because she liked the room.

Edited by ahardeay

Thanks! I do think that she was black and is turning completely orange eventually. She is becoming more friendly and coming up to beg for food from me now too! YAY!

• 4 weeks later...