55gallon saltwater

egregious

You can mix the two colours :) the false perculas clowns are the calmest of the clowns and usually take to that really well, though it's also commonly done with perculas (I can't remember which of the two gets different colours most from the top of my head).

6 lines are generally the 'bullies' of the wrasse world, most of the lined types are moody. I'd look into all the fairy wrasses, peaceful and lovely to look at.

On the lungfish all I can see online are these huge freshwater fish, I've never heard of a marine one before.

OOPS i said the wrong word. I meant JAWFISH =) sorry still learning, this is what he looked like. they had 3 next to eachother, not sure how big they get yet

220px-Opistognathus_aurifrons.jpg

That's max size I believe in the wild, the largest that's ever been scientifically measured was only 4 inches so they'll probably stay around the 3-4 inch mark :). Jawfish are my favorites out of the marines, I really adore them! Blue spotted are a particular favorite, though costly, especially in the UK (I was estimated £200 somewhere for one)

I believe recommendations for them is deep sand bed mixed with rubble to make a base, or you can make them a home with pvc pipes and a barnacle, minimum for one is 20 gallons of space and at max you can have a pair so you could do that? They're very chill fish and I got recommended to put them in first releasing near the home you've made for them (if you have made one of course!). I believe the most they do is chase intruders a couple inches away or spit sand at them.

Heard they breed happily in aquariums as well, mouth brooders which is pretty interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

i got 1 blue lieutenant tang that they say gets 8", 2 clarkii clowns, 1 bicolor blenny, 1 pistol shrimp, 1 randall's goby.

also are 5 hermit crabs, 5 cerith snails, 5 nerite snails that i already had.

oh, and 1 long tentacle anemone that one of the clowns already paired with!

will get pics soon, but the fish are still shy

It's been a while since I put aside my SW dream...but I thought Green Mandarins were the best thing since sliced bread when I was looking. Don't know how much room you'd have left in your tank, and your tank needs to be setup for at least 6 months before adding it (they need a VERY well established tank), but they are SOOOOOOO pretty! Just a suggestion. :)

• Admin

If you plan to get a Mandarin, you need to wait until you get a well established tank.

Oh so so true. they are one of the few fish I wouldnt touch. Since they eat live amphipods and copepods (pods), they need a well establish tank with lots of live rock. Majority of the time they die from starvation :(

http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/mandarinfish.htm

• 1 month later...